• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Light/Heavy sleeper?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I don't really know to be honest :S I think like Millz said, it depends what stage sleep I'm in. I can wake myself up during the night with a strange dream but I can also sleep through my alarm if it's muffled under the covers (I use my phone). That's very rare though, I just get paranoid about it.

I'd say on the whole I'm neither light nor heavy as such, but can be either one occasionally.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Are you a light or a heavy sleeper?
-- I'm def a heavy sleeper. :nod: They had to wake me up when tornado sirens were going off. And sometimes I sleep with my headphones on and the volume cranked.

Do you wake up when someone walks into your room or when they move in bed?
-- Nobody can get in my bed so dunno about that yet. And nobody should be in my room except me but I think peeps have snuck in before but I was doing zzz.

Do you move too much when sleeping?
-- Prolly cause I never wake up the same way that I went to sleep. I've even woke up half on my bed and half on the floor.

When you wake up is it easy to go back to sleeping or it takes a lot for you to fall asleep again?
-- That's very easy. I have to force myself to wake up or I'm doing zzz again. But after 10-12 hours I usually wanna wake up.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
Oh yes, I wanted to add, I barely move when I'm in bed. I know this because my bed is full of pillows and frills and when I go to bed, I simply pull back my side of the bed and lie down. When I wake up later, I get out of bed, merely have to take the covers and pull them back up, just a wee bit mind you, and it looks as tho nobody ever slept in the bed. I'm not a tosser and turner by any means. And I don't know how anyone can sleep thru a thunderstorm. I hear stuff like that when it's coming from the next town over *ha*

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm a heavy sleeper once I'm out, so once I'm asleep I don't wake up heaps during the night or anything. On the other hand it takes me AGES to get to sleep. Usually a few hours or so.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I used to be able to sleep through storms, bumps in the night, sex.. But now I find myself tossing and turning a lot. I sometimes wake up to go to the toilet and find it hard to sleep again. It depends on how tired I am I suppose.
I don't wake up when my partner moves around at night but he wakes up when I do and then I find myself lying there trying not to move so that I don't wake him lol.

its weird i've always been a super heavy sleeper until i've become pregnant.... now i am such a light sleeper
now i do. i've slept through a few earthquakes, hundreds of thunder storms, and pretty much anything you can think of, but now i wake at least 15 times a night, half from me moving or having to pee and the other half from my boyfriend moving.
not to much, i just switch back and forth from sleeping on one side to the other side throughout the night cause i have an arm under the pillow and it will go numb so i switch.
When you wake up is it easy to go back to sleeping or it takes a lot for you to fall asleep again?
depends, when my restless leg syndrome is acting up its really hard to pass back out but generally its pretty easy...

Ivan

Registered Member
I'm very heavy sleeper. When I fall asleep, nothing can wake me up some period of time. You can walk into my room, play music in my room, jump beside me, but I won't wake up. Haha. :lol: I remember when 2 dredges was digging something in front of my house, and that also wasn't a problem for me and my sleep. :lol:
But when I wake up, I can't sleep anymore.

I'm moving a lot in bed in the summer months when it's hot, but not during the other seasons.

Last edited:

SatisPassion

Registered Member
I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. People can have conversations, watch television, play games and I'll sleep right through it. However, I only sleep for about 4 hours or so... So, it's guess it's good that I'm a heavy sleeper.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I am a very heavy sleeper, I remember many years ago my nephew got a drum set for XMAS and I took a nap in his room and beat on those drums for 10 minutes or more and I never heard them so he gave up and left the room.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
It all depends on my mood and if I have things on my mind. If this is the case, I wake up a lot during the night, even the car going past on the road wakes me up and the slightest bang on the outside, since the planes fly low where I live, that's my biggest casualty. But when I am really tired, I am a very deep sleeper, you can pretty much have a party with 100 guests around me, I won't be able to wake up.