Life vs World Peace Would you give your life?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by agphoenix, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Life vs World Peace Would you give your life?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
  1. agphoenix

agphoenix Everything goes.

A deity, or a being with the power to do so says to you;

'If you die for me, I'll put the entire world at peace and complete harmony in every way whatsoever. Your loved ones will not feel your loss.
    Will you give me your life?
    '

*public poll*

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Where do I sign?

agphoenix likes this.
  3. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Eh? no... I've suffered enough from the ignorance of the world why the hell would I give my life for the ungrateful people that live on it? So they can go on with their life of ignorant entertainment.

Once the majority of the world strives for understanding, discipline and wisdom let me know then maybe their life would be worth saving.

4. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

If I ever had a chance to make that decision I would say yes. If it came to that I would sacrifice myself to save the World.

agphoenix likes this.
  5. agphoenix

The being will put it all at harmony. Peace will include no ignorance. Ignorance will almost always lead to abrasiveness.

That's exactly the side I sadly have to agree with. Hence the thread I suppose.

Couldn't help but notice your mood is 'lonely'.

6. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Good eye.. Your point?

7. UnfinishedSymphon

UnfinishedSymphon Registered Member

I would like to think that I would say yes but the first thing that is coming into my mind is;

How do I die? If its quick and painless, definitely no problem.

8. agphoenix

For R1pperZ:

Nothing substantial really. It's just 'lonely' is not good for anyone, just like being 'torn' [my mood]. But then I'm happy being 'torn', as I feel you're happy being 'lonely'.
    I just love reading into things sometimes man. That's all. Perhaps I was wondering if your mood was affecting your answer.

Like I said though, in this section of the forum I just like reading into things.
    ------
    And if it's the other way round? :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It would need to be an epic death. I'm talking something like Armageddon. Not just somebody shoots me and somehow world peace is achieved. Lame. If it's that easy then taking out one person shouldn't be required anyway. :)

I don't trust the idea of world peace though. I don't think it's possible considering there will always be people with opposing viewpoints.

Boredie likes this.
  10. agphoenix

lol

I agree completely.

But I'm assuming this powerful being is capable, 100%, of making that happen. Just hypothetically would you be willing to die for it, in an epic manner of course!