• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes?

Gavik

Registered Member
Any other fans of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes?

I just finished the DVDs of Ashes to Ashes last night and my mind is blown. Anyone else in the same boat?

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE WATCHED IT ALL:
How did you feel when you found out Drake/everyone else was dead and never going back?

Saffy

Registered Member
Any other fans of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes?

I just finished the DVDs of Ashes to Ashes last night and my mind is blown. Anyone else in the same boat?

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE WATCHED IT ALL:
How did you feel when you found out Drake/everyone else was dead and never going back?
HI i Loved it! i Watched the whole lot,,and it really did keep you on your toes. You know the woman in Ashes to Ashes? cant remember her name right now,, she is at the moment in something called identity i am watching and thats pretty good so far too:D

In answer to your spoiler question

I was sort of heading that way in my thoughts, but i was surprised to see who the man with the blown off face was:shocked: and yes it was still sort of a shock even though it was something in the back of my mind

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I've only seen the American "version." It tends to be confusing why shows like The Office and well, Life on Mars get remade in America. A lot of people like the remake of the Office, but I can't stand the show at all. I can't say the same for LoM though, the few episodes I watched were pretty entertaining and the actors were a real treat. However, as I have not sat down to watch the UK one yet, I can't compare the two.

I am assuming you mean the UK LoM in this thread as you list AtA, both by Mathew Graham. Are the shows actually connected, or is this thread going with a blast from the past detective action theme?

To answer the question though, I can't say whether or not I'm a fan until I've watched both.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I loved Life on Mars, both series were incredible and the ambiguous ending was perfect. I only watched the first series of Ashes to Ashes but I know how it ends. I dislike the ending because it takes away any viewer choice about whats going on. Season 2 of Life on Mars ended in a way that was completely open to interpretation. Ashes to Ashes kinda kills that but I did enjoy the first series of it. Both were very well written.

Saffy

Registered Member
I've only seen the American "version." It tends to be confusing why shows like The Office and well, Life on Mars get remade in America. A lot of people like the remake of the Office, but I can't stand the show at all. I can't say the same for LoM though, the few episodes I watched were pretty entertaining and the actors were a real treat. However, as I have not sat down to watch the UK one yet, I can't compare the two.

I am assuming you mean the UK LoM in this thread as you list AtA, both by Mathew Graham. Are the shows actually connected, or is this thread going with a blast from the past detective action theme?

To answer the question though, I can't say whether or not I'm a fan until I've watched both.
Yes they are connected. I would definitely reccomend watching it all:nod:

Gavik

Registered Member

It's the exact same show, just with a new character and a new name.

The American Life on Mars is complete shit. Don't waste any more time with it.
------
I loved Life on Mars, both series were incredible and the ambiguous ending was perfect. I only watched the first series of Ashes to Ashes but I know how it ends. I dislike the ending because it takes away any viewer choice about whats going on. Season 2 of Life on Mars ended in a way that was completely open to interpretation. Ashes to Ashes kinda kills that but I did enjoy the first series of it. Both were very well written.
Do you know exactly how it ends? If so:

I liked how it ended, but I wish that it would have ended with Alex just looking at the pub and leaving us guessing as to whether she would go inside or stay in Gene's world.

Last edited:

Saffy

Registered Member
It's the exact same show, just with a new character and a new name.

The American Life on Mars is complete shit. Don't waste any more time with it.
------

Do you know exactly how it ends? If so:

I liked how it ended, but I wish that it would have ended with Alex just looking at the pub and leaving us guessing as to whether she would go inside or stay in Gene's world.
yes it was a very cut and dried ending,, i didnt think it was going to be like that. so definite.

Gavik

Registered Member
yes it was a very cut and dried ending,, i didnt think it was going to be like that. so definite.

Agreed, but I still loved it.

Also:
Keats at the devil/a demon was awesome, and the guy who shot up the Quattro deserved to be killed right there and then.

Sorry for putting everything in spoilers, but I went to the LoM wikia before I saw the last episode and raged really hard when it spoiled the ending without any warning. It's too good of a show to be spoiled, and others should get to enjoy it.
------
Also, can anyone help me find a poster for Ashes to Ashes? So far all I've found is the DVD cover of series 1 in poster form, but I'm not a big fan of that picture. anyone know a place to go (I've check all the major poster sites already)?

Last edited:

Saffy

Registered Member
Agreed, but I still loved it.

Also:
Keats at the devil/a demon was awesome, and the guy who shot up the Quattro deserved to be killed right there and then.

Sorry for putting everything in spoilers, but I went to the LoM wikia before I saw the last episode and raged really hard when it spoiled the ending without any warning. It's too good of a show to be spoiled, and others should get to enjoy it.
------
Also, can anyone help me find a poster for Ashes to Ashes? So far all I've found is the DVD cover of series 1 in poster form, but I'm not a big fan of that picture. anyone know a place to go (I've check all the major poster sites already)?
ohhhh yea i was gonna say before he was brill as the devil ,, i always knew he was a bad un lol. All the way through i kept saying what else is he out of? sooo familiar,, or does he look like someone

If you have tried the major sites i dont think i will be of any help :-/
------
Ashes to ashes poster - Gene Hunt - Alex Drake - 24x36" on eBay (end time 01-Aug-10 15:11:26 BST)

is this any good?
could be more there i spose as well:)

Last edited:

Gavik

Registered Member
f you have tried the major sites i dont think i will be of any help :-/
------
Ashes to ashes poster - Gene Hunt - Alex Drake - 24x36" on eBay (end time 01-Aug-10 15:11:26 BST)

is this any good?
could be more there i spose as well:)
Yea, saw that one. Will probably just go with that but I'll keep looking.

1: So was Frank Morgan (agent at the end of LoM who leads Sam out) demonic as well?

2: How do you feel about the kiss at the end? Any time I go onto fan sites it seems everyone is fucking obsessed with it.

Last edited: