• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Lie to me Discussion thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I used to watch an episode here or there when it came to Lie to Me, but now I'm following the series. I think it's wonderful, and it makes you think. Dr. Cal Lightman played by Tim Roth is brilliant in this show, I'm not a huge fan of Ria though, I think she's annoying and she believes she's a know it all. Other then that the other characters are great.

Anyone else follow this show? Hopefully we can discuss the past episodes of this season, and the upcoming ones.

Impact

V.I.P.
I watched part of the first season, and part of the current season. They put the new season on hold, or moved it to a new channel or something over here so I haven't watched an episode for the past couple weeks. I think Tim Roth does an excellent job, Dr.Lightmans character is ingenious. At the same time you want to hate him for being so infuriating, he is so awesome you just can't.

I also like the dude that just says exactly what he's thinking, although I hadn't seen him as much in the current Season. Can't think of his name right now though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with you about Tim Roth, if he was the one investagating you, then you'd want to punch him in the face because of the way he gets into your face. I just watched the last two episodes on Saturday and it just got me hooked, and made me realize that I should keep up with this series. I haven't seen the new episode that was aired here last night, but it looks like it's going to be a great one. I also love how Dr Lightman treats his daughter the same way he treats his suspects(for most of the time.)

And you're talking about Eli, Impact. I didn't like him at first, but he grew on me after an episode I watched several weeks ago.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Lie to me is arguably my most favorite show right now. The second season stopped in the middle (not even, maybe 4 episodes in) here as well for the world cup. It only restarted about three weeks ago. It's actually on tonight. I'm interested to see how far, or if, we are behind from you guys. I will update later which episode was on tonight.

This might sound crazy, but Cal Lightman is almost sexy. He exudes confidence and intelligence, which is hot!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This might sound crazy, but Cal Lightman is almost sexy. He exudes confidence and intelligence, which is hot!
I wouldn't go that far ;) , but I do love his confidence and he's very aggressive when he's on a case. His character reminds of House somewhat. Will do anything to solve a problem, which I enjoy a lot in a television character.

I'm glad that at least two other members watch this show, hopefully more will join this thread and we can keep discussing it.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Haha Babe. Fair enough.
Ok, so last nights episode was the episode with Doyle, the Irish dude (I'm trying to not give too much away). Before I discuss the episode, I just want to see if we are on the same page here.

Impact

V.I.P.
What Season are you watching Idi? Season 3 is airing here at the moment when I find it again.

And I agree Babe. When I first saw it, he definitely reminded me of House.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I only started watching during the fifth episode of Season 3 unfortunately. I'm really thinking of buying the first two seasons so I can watch the previous episodes.

The fifth episode is called Canary's song, it's when Lightman investagates the death of six miners. I thought it was a great episode, and I've been watching ever since. The next episode after that is the best one I've seen, it's called Beyond Belief.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That's a good question Imp. I'm not sure if I am on season two or three actually. I will have to find that out. I could easily just buy the seasons, I love it that much.

And I definitely agree with the House comment as well.

Should we try to get synced for discussions or do we discuss old episodes? I have quite a few old ones on my laptop, so I can rewatch them?

Impact

V.I.P.
I have the first season on my laptop. Now seems as good a time as any to watch them again.

I definitely think I prefer the first season over the 3rd but I can't really say until i've watched all seasons to the end.