Lidstrom, 40, to return to Red Wings

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Konshentz, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Detroit Red Wings' Nicklas Lidstrom returning to team - ESPN

This is definitely good news for Wings' fans. You don't want to lose a guy like him.

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I didn't expect him to retire. I expect two more seasons out of him. Hudler coming back is also huge for us.

3. Th3Pr3Tz3l

Th3Pr3Tz3l Registered Member

This is very interesting. He's still got a lot of GOOD play in him although he isn't where he once was. I do think $6.2 million is a lot for a 40 year old, it should be reduced even if just for the RISK of his play dropping off alone. He's treading waters not many players have treaded before.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This guy can play till he's 45 years old if he wants. He's in tremendous shape and he still plays like he's a 30 year old. This would be a huge loss to the Red Wings if he retired. Not only does he help you on the defensive side of the puck, but he's a good on the power play and he's a great leader. All things that are very important.

5. Michigan

Michigan Registered Member

I am glad he is staying because he can share his wisdom with Doug Janik and Brendan Smith, just like Osgood did with Howard. The wings will be a strong team again next year.