• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Libyan Protesters Storm Compound of terriosts

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Libyan people have had their fill of the extremists. They stormed the compound of the people responsible for killing the ambassador and took over. You really got to give them credit for their bravery. It really is up to the people.

Libyans storm militia in backlash of attack on US

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
This is the best news I've seen regarding this situation, I hope it is true and that "democracy" in Libya results in a situation where Libyans are free from political and religious oppression.

The spark of freedom lies in us all, I pray they can win theirs and that they make good choices.
------
“There is no doubt that in our societies, we have liberal Muslims who say, ‘I’m a Muslim and I believe Islam belongs only in the mosque,’*” said Ramadan Eldarsi, a high-ranking official of the Muslim Brotherhood. “But we think that Islam is a broader way to organize people’s lives, not just what they do within a mosque.”

Eldarsi said the Brotherhood differentiates itself from extremist groups such as Ansar al-Sharia in that it advocates peace and tolerance, and believes in the democratic process.
The muslim brotherhood will "organize" their lives. Don't kid yourself. They are extremists.
------
Washington Post

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think people are getting tired of having their lives run by religious extremist groups and the young will stand up against these people. The Libyan people may of not won the war but they have won this one battle. If they keep up their efforts they will win in the end but we need to stay out of it. Its their battle and we tend to make things worse.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think people are getting tired of having their lives run by religious extremist groups and the young will stand up against these people. The Libyan people may of not won the war but they have won this one battle. If they keep up their efforts they will win in the end but we need to stay out of it. Its their battle and we tend to make things worse.
I agree to some extent and have felt at times we should just pull completely out of the Middle East and let them worry about it. At the same time though there are people in that region that are just thirsting for freedom and liberty but it's difficult for them to express that because of the power some have had for generations. I think it's incumbent upon us to help those people and help them achieve freedom and enjoy the rights many of us have that they've never experienced.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree but it seems like when we do help sometimes we do more harm than good or the people that end up in power are just as bad as the ones we helped remove. Instead of being oppressed they become the oppressors. If it is going to be a true democracy it has to be for everyone.

Also I don't think the people that we try to help realize innocent people are going to get killed, it can't be helped. They end up mad at us about that and start calling us murderers.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I agree but it seems like when we do help sometimes we do more harm than good or the people that end up in power are just as bad as the ones we helped remove. Instead of being oppressed they become the oppressors. If it is going to be a true democracy it has to be for everyone.

Also I don't think the people that we try to help realize innocent people are going to get killed, it can't be helped. They end up mad at us about that and start calling us murderers.
I agree with most of this except the part about democracy. Democracy legitimizes the subjugation of the minority by the majority. That is why we shouldn't be spreading democracy. We should be spreading freedom and liberty, they have neither in Libya.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
SS I do hope the Libyans get the freedom and liberty they want. I have to admit the people coming out and denouncing the extremists that murdered our ambassador makes me happy we did help there. All you hear usually is kill the Americans so this is a nice change.

I can also understand them wanting the militias to become a thing of the past. The government in claiming in the first article that they need them because their military and police is weak.

Anti-militia protests show Libya's frailty

They are pretty upset about the ambassador being murdered which has sparked an anti militia movement. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Pro-American protest in Libya turns deadly, Video