• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

LGBT Literature

Iris

rainbow 11!
What books have you read containing LGBT? (Lesbian, Gay, bisexual, and transsexual)

I have read several in this genre. Mostly by Julie Peters, I love her.

Far from Xanadu by Julie
Keeping you a Secret Julie Peters
Luna by Julie

Then there was one book... uh... about a summer camp... I can't remember it. Hopefully it will hit me!

So share some of the books you have read, maybe we can even recommend some good ones!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, I've only really read two.

Tipping the Velvet and Fingersmith, both by Sarah Waters and both have been made into films.

One I'm really excited for though is 'Sing You Home' by Jodi Picoult which is being released later this month.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I've heard about that as well. I'm not really a fan of hers, I've only read My Sisters Keep and cried like a bitch. I seriously called up a friend blubbering and she thought I was kicked out or something.

lol

But yeah, do you know anything about the story behind that book?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've read loads of Jodi Picoult books. And while I do like them after a while I started to notice how similar they all were. So now I only read maybe a couple every year, if I read too many in a row I get bored of the same style.

And don't worry, everyone cried like a bitch reading My Sister's Keeper.

Hmm, what do you mean the story behind the book? As in the actual plot or more behind the scenes stuff like why she wrote it?

Iris

rainbow 11!
Both, actually. I always thought she seemed like the Religious intolerant type. Which is why I never read her books.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh no! She is far from it and that's why I like to read her books. I myself don't really like overly religious types so I try to avoid them. Hmm, the plot of this new book seems interesting, it's basically about a women who leaves her husband after so many years then eventually falls in love with another woman. Then there is a custody battle between them and her old husband (who is a religious anti-gay freak) over their frozen sperm... or frozen eggs. Not sure but either way you get the idea. They try to start a family and religion says no! I think it should be a good read.