level 1 ebay discussion

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by pamicon, May 19, 2005.

1. pamicon

pamicon New Member

I think we should have a Level 1 user ebay discussion forum. It would be neat to talk about general non-auction specific discussions for us newbies. It is hard to make the required posts in the intro section. Also, as great as an off-topic forum sounds, i come to this site to discuss ebay stuff...if i wanted off topic i would find the site related to that topic and post there ;)

sorry, not trying to cause trouble, just suggestions.

pam

2. Spunkie1283

Spunkie1283 Registered Member

I agree! I am a chatter box and most of the topics I want to reply to are on other levels. To bad this site is not a game where you can skip levels if you need to! ha ha!

3. pamicon

pamicon New Member

well...you CAN skip levels but it will cost you... :mad: oh well, maybe they will see this and make a forum for us girls :hmph:

4. Spunkie1283

Spunkie1283 Registered Member

I can't afford to pay...why do you think I am trying to sell stuff on Ebay? LOL! :lol:

I can see both sides. Being level 1 seems like I am grounded on these boards since I can't reply on other forums "outkast". And then you are so right because a lot of people sign up and leave. Everyone wants a well dedicated friendly enviroment. However, I think level one should have an Ebay forum like Pam suggested.

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  5. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

well you can talk about things you need help with on ebay in the support area...if you were allowed to post auctions at level one..it would be filled with people signing up to post an auction..then we'd never see them again....thats why there isn't a actual auction thread in level one

well i'm not really sure if you can talk about ebay in that thread...but if it was a really important question i guess you could do it

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  6. pamicon

pamicon New Member

you guys totally missed the point of my original post. I said it would be nice to have a NON-AUCTION SPECIFIC ebay forum so that new people can discuss ebay related topics that have nothing to do with support or each other's auctions. If you want an example please look at my post here:

http://auctionsightings.com/showthread.php?t=1097

it is non-auction specific and yet does not really belong in the intro section nor the water cooler section.

7. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

Pamicon... as you gain access to other levels of the board you will be then able to post other non-auction related topics.
    Andrew and the other admins created the site to avoid people spamming their auctions and then not posting anymore. All you have to do is possibly hit the NEW POSTS section of the board, read through what other members are posting if you have something to say then you can add your two cents. As you reach new levels then you can post your own new threads...

You will also notice if you read the types of threads available they have highlighted what they would like each forum thread to consist of.

In Level 2 you get alot more of the ability to post more topics non-related to auctions.

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  8. cshawn13

cshawn13 New Member

Ok, I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to make a link that says

"Watch My Auction" Instead of just copying a shortcut where all you see is that bunch of jiberish? ;)

9. lilys_things

lilys_things Registered Member

Hey.. I have a neat one..lol
    Look at my cork auction.. (dumb one) I was bored , I don't know what it is called.. but when you move your mouse around it scrolls a message..*lol*
    You know my email..*lol*
    I can give you the script for it and anyone else that wants it..*lol*

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  10. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Try this link This is a sticky note that we talked about the Watch My Auction link.