Letters to God

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rebekah, May 15, 2008.

1. Rebekah

Rebekah Registered Member

Instead of writing a diary i write letters/prayers to God. It sounds a strange thing to do but it comforts me and makes me feel closer to God.

Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

2. 6footninja

6footninja Registered Member

Though I am not religious, I have a close friend who does almost that exact thing. She keeps a diary written like they were letters. All to God.

3. Spackerchip

Spackerchip Registered Member

Do you mail them? Or keep them in a pile?

4. ValentinSelezynov

ValentinSelezynov Registered Member

I don't see anything wrong or particularly weird with this. It seems like a good way to get your thoughts down, and would be theraputic to anyone regardless of lack of belief in a god/gods.

5. Rebekah

Rebekah Registered Member

There all in a diary

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Psychologists say that talking (outloud) to oneself or writing down your thoughts is good for you mental well-being.

This seems more or less the same I think I sometimes talk to myself when I need to get motivated for something lol.

7. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

If God is all powerful and whatnot, shouldn't you just be able to think about whatever it is your prayers are about all day long? Like one long ass boring message to God?

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I dont think that is the point of the excercise. The point isnt to convey a message to God. It is just beneficial to the person not a diety.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Then why does it have to be letters to God? Why can't it just be random thoughts that you hope come true?

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

it doesn't have to be letters to God, but that's what makes Rebekah feel better, so that's what it is for her.

Spackerchip likes this.