• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Let's talk herpes

shelgarr

Registered Member
....and I mean genital herpes. BTW, if you have a cold sore and you have oral sex, that the virus can then be transmitted and become genital herpes.

Who has it? Do you know whom from? Have you not told others before you have sex with them? How do you protect against transmission? How did you feel when you were diagnosed? Pissed, scared, celibate?

Blur

iPimp
soooooo...a cold sore pops up on her lip, she gives up the georgiadome, and now ive got pizza-balls? i'm glad you posted that cause i didn't know that was possible. jesus

i've gotten gonorrhea once before, tell you what i never played officer rawdogg anymore after that one...i know that ain't herpes, but i didn't know it was one of the curable ones or not when they told me and the days leadin' up to it, and during that time period i was a: mad at the world, b: ready to murder about 3 ladies, c: ready to die my damn self, d: drunk every minute of every day just so i could fuckin' piss without almost keelin' over in pain!

when they gave me that pill and said take this and it'll go away, i almost wanted to make a move on the 40+ year old nurse who gave it to me. biggest relief i can recall to this date other than havin' a B felony dropped

shelgarr

Registered Member
yep, learned that recently when I found out a friend tested positive for the herpes antibody (as opposed to virus). Although he has had no outbreak, nor had the girl he got it from, nor had her exhusband that gave it to her. It is most contagious during an outbreak but it does shed unpredictably so can be transmitted. My friend is devastated and considers himself "dirty". He thinks it's sentence for celibacy.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Sometimes the virus is just lead on by poor hygiene, stress and a weak immune system that can lead to the symptoms and eventually the virus itself. Everyone gets freaked out when they have a cold sore because it is a simple strain of the herpes virus, just not a permeate one and can be easily treated with a simple cream. But genital herpes...I've been thankful enough not to come across that or anything else genitally painful, but with the medicine you have to take to get rid of them or keep them at bay, I would hope I never have to.

~Shwa

shelgarr

Registered Member
There is such a huge stigma with genital herpes. Some outbreaks are definitely gross and get out of control. On the other hand its a skin infection that comes and goes. People can be asymptomatic the whole time. In the case of my friend though, he is reacting very strongly.

If you got it, or have it.....how are you dealing with it? Or what are your views, if you don't have it?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
dumb question.

Is the only way to get herpes through sexual contact? If someone wipes their mouth with a cloth and for some reason I made contact with that on my mouth? Or someone uses a toilet and I follow them?

shelgarr

Registered Member
It is skin to skin transmission only. Apparently all other hosts (ie cloth or toilet) the virus is not stable.

Blur

iPimp
Aint tryin to turn this into a religious thing, but i honestly think that all std's are forms of God's punishments for people who decide to start fuckin' everything...when i had gonorrhea i was thinkin yea this is it, ive crossed the lord and now i'm gonna pay the rest of my life i will not be able to have sex...then when i realized it was curable i really reevaluated my situation and decided that always havin to have some pussy on hand isnt the way to live...its pretty hard not to wan it though

Shit thats incurable is definately grounds to scare me outta bein a man whore...so yea, i believe that is why stds exist

shelgarr

Registered Member
Dang Blur....put it out there. ;) STDs are pretty damn serious for sure although I hadn't thought of them as punishment. Like all viruses, they will find a way to stay alive.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Aint tryin to turn this into a religious thing, but i honestly think that all std's are forms of God's punishments for people who decide to start fuckin' everything...when i had gonorrhea i was thinkin yea this is it, ive crossed the lord and now i'm gonna pay the rest of my life i will not be able to have sex...then when i realized it was curable i really reevaluated my situation and decided that always havin to have some pussy on hand isnt the way to live...its pretty hard not to wan it though

Shit thats incurable is definately grounds to scare me outta bein a man whore...so yea, i believe that is why stds exist
Excellent observation Blur, although I wouldn't have used those words to describe it, I think you're right about a punishment. It also shows God's grace. Being a man whore is not an emotionally stable life and leads societal and economic problems when you have kids all over town to take care of. The possibility of std's are a deterrent to that lifestyle.