Let's March of Wall Street!

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Gavik, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

Let's March on Wall Street!

If we really want anti-Iraq war protests to make a difference, then we shouldn't demonstrate in front of the White House, because we need to march on Wall Street. That's where the war profiteers are, where they cheered during the opening of the Iraq War for their coming profits, not realizing that their Bentleys and yachts were paid for with the blood of American soldiers. That's where we need to voice our opinions and show them that we don't want a government that spends over 50% of the budget (a million dollars a minute) on militarism that's been fighting for the all mighty dollar since 1890, while only giving 7% of the taxpayer's money to the education of their children.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Well if Rage Against the Machine can close Wall Street, than 20,000 PO'd anti-war protestors should be able to do the same.

3. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

Safe bet I'd say. Cut off the money to get the message across.

4. Stay Away

Stay Away Guest

Yes, lets inconvenience thousands of people who have nothing to do with the Iraq War at all. That will show Bush and congress...

5. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Good point. Let's just kill them all.

6. Stay Away

Stay Away Guest

Well, if you disagree with someone I would think any rational person would complain to the people who they disagree with, not people who have nothing to do with your situation.

Its like getting pissed off at George Steinbrenner for the Knicks sucking.

7. ermcool

ermcool Registered Member

War profiteering is unavoidable. I imagine boeing faired very well during WW2.

8. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

Yea, but they actually made planes that dropped bombs. Last time I checked 9 billion in unaccounted for expenses paid to Haliburton isn't unavoidable.