Let's be peaceful

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Never heard of the NCV. I use a NKJV for Bible studies and my chronological is NIV. I've never been a fan of the NIV but its a great chronological.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Well speaking of the Niv i would suggest you read a copy earlierthen 2013 of the NIV. After 2013 they made extreme changes. For examplw they don't use the word virgin.. If you witness to a person with the NIV they will not say that Mary was a virgin. There were a lot of other words changed because they wanted to be secular in their thinking.

There was a group of Wiccas that were using the NIV to promote their Wiccan religion. I used to read the NIV in '97 it was better back then.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Well speaking of the Niv i would suggest you read a copy earlierthen 2013 of the NIV. After 2013 they made extreme changes. For examplw they don't use the word virgin.. If you witness to a person with the NIV they will not say that Mary was a virgin. There were a lot of other words changed because they wanted to be secular in their thinking.

There was a group of Wiccas that were using the NIV to promote their Wiccan religion. I used to read the NIV in '97 it was better back then.
I have never heard that about NIV removing the virgin birth. I don't think mine says that but will check today. wow - How can you have a bible without the Virgin birth?

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Your NIV should be ok if it's printed before 2013. Any version 2013 or later shouldn't be trusted for word accuracy. Virgin was replaced by the word woman. In that case a woman isn't a miracle of a prophecy. Because they didn't want to offend many in the 2013 and later versions of the NIV they use replacement words thinking they would keep both Christians and the world at the same time. But the Bible is clear we can't follow by the world and God at the same time. We choose either one or the other.

So if you have an earlier version of the NIV I think it'll be mostly ok to read. Just watch out for those versions I told you about beyond that year. . Please check out the NCV. Here's a link.BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages. Compare it to the NKJV. The NKJV will give you the most accurate words. The NCV will give you the easiest English to understand it better. Anyone in jr high can read the Bible and understand God's word clearly.