Movies Lethal Weapon vs Die Hard(

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd say these these movies are pretty close of being the same type of movie, action/comedy. I was curious which one do you prefer Lethal Weapon or Die Hard? I don't mean the first of each saga, I mean LW 1,2,3,4 or Die Hard 1,2,3

As much as I love Die Hard, I just like Lethal Weapon a bit more. Danny Glover and Mel Gibson make a good duo and Joe Pesci makes a good sidekick and he's hilarious. Great storylines in all the films, lots of action and a lot of funny scenes.

Thoughts?

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

There were 4 Die Hards ;) (Live Free or Die Hard (2007))

Bruce Willis is the real deciding factor for me out of these two. I enjoyed Lethal Weapon, but to me Die Hard really hit the mark perfectly.

I mean come on... which is the better Moniker... "Yippee Kiyay Mother Fucker!" or Mel Gibson and Slamming his Shoulder into File Cabinets? :hah:

3. Babe_Ruth

Yeah I forgot to add four for some reason.

I love when Gibson would dislocate his shoulder. I agree John McLean is a great character, I love his attitude.

But I just believe when you compare both saga's Lethal Weapon offers a bit more, especially on the comedic side.

My favorite Lethal Weapon is a toss up between three and four, Jet Li was amazing in the fourth one. Especially the final fight at the end.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Its been a while since I've seen the lethal weapons. I think my absolute favorite if I recall was #2. The addition of Joe Pesci was unbeatable I'll definitely agree with that. But I do feel they went overboard on the last when Chris Rock was added. I dont believe Rock is worth his weight in laughs personally. But thats just me.

My absolute favorite Die Hard is #3. I felt it was perfectly balanced, full of action, didnt necessarily go to crazy to where the scenario didnt make sense. Oddly enough its one of the only Movies I've ever enjoyed Samuel L. Jackson in. He's an even bigger hack than Rock IMO :hah:

5. Babe_Ruth

I think Chris Rock did a good job in that movie, the part where he argues about Cell Phones with Leo Gets is priceless. I see where your coming from with Chris Rock, but I didn't find him that annoying in this one, maybe it's because he wasn't there all the time.

Die Hard 3 is definitely my favorite as well, the addition of Samuel Jackson was an amazing idea. His character was awesome and him and Willis working together was great. I loved how the third one made you think, you really wanted to solve those puzzles with them.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I love all of the Die Hard movies. It's one of my favourite box sets.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Lethal Weapon has nothing on Die Hard. I've seen LW 1 and 2 so I don't know the whole series, but the first two were just good, they weren't great like every DH flick.

8. Babe_Ruth

Watch the third and fourth one Cons I'm sure you'll enjoy them more, especially if you like Joe Pecsi he'll make you laugh your ass off in those two movies. I also believe the third and fouth installment are the best one from the series.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm the opposite, I loved the first two of LW and DH while part 3 and 4 were a bit too Hollywood. And by that I mean it was bigger budget, more glam, more perfection rather than the rouged feel.

I'm voting Lethal Weapon on this one. Danny and Mel were great together and they had chemistry. They were solid performers that entertained me during the first two movies. After that, well, y'know. =P

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I prefer Die Hard for sure, at least the first. I never saw the second but I didn't really like the third. Live Free or Die Hard was actually pretty good, especially considering it was done many years after the third.

As for Die Hard vs. Lethal Weapon, Die Hard for sure. I prefer drama/action over comedy/action. Both can be good depending on your mood though.