Movies Let The Right One In

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

This sweedish film has been really kicking up a fuss lately. Based on the book of the same name it's about a 12 year old boy named Oskar who is a bit of an outcast and he is bullied constantly at school. He befriends a vampire child called Eli and the film is about how their bond grows.

This one has had a great critical response;
    Let the Right One In Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes and it finally got a general UK release so I got to check it out last night. I have to say I was very impressed, it had a level depth which is very difficult to accomplish in vampire films. All at once unnerving and heart warming, beautiful and sinister. This one really will get under your skin and stay with you for a while. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants something a bit different in their horror films.

An American remake has already been slated for a 2010 release, with the simplified title of Let Me In. I'd urge you to catch the Sweedish one before the cloverfield director taints it for you.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009

2. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I watched this a while ago. I thought it was pretty good. I would agree that people should look up the Swedish version before the new one comes about.

3. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I've been wanting to see this for a while. I'm frustrated that I missed it in theaters and quite frankly I've never been more anxious to see a vampire film before. I'm waiting on the DVD.