• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Let the bidding wars begin.... Roger Clemens offered $18mil

A

ajclay

Houston reportedly offered Roger Clemens 18 million dollars if he would pitch 1/2 a season for the astro's...

INSANE!

Anyways, look for Boston and New York (Yankees) offer the same if not more, to see him wearing their respected uniforms this season...

$18,000,000......

UNREAL.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It is insane. I doubt he'll sign with anyone except the Houston Astros. The only thing that will make him sign with another team like The Yankees or the BoSox will be if Houston is not a contender in the 2006 playoffs then he might think signing with NY and Boston would be a good idea, if the money is there that is.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well he said he will sign with the team with the best record June 1st. But I doubt that will last.

A

AK27

Well, they did pay Bagwell that much, and look what happened...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Roger Clemens is still capable of winning a lot of games and striking out people, he's is phenomenal shape for is age, and he can still throw 96mph in my mind, but I don't think he deserves so much money.