• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Let Me In

Konshentz

Konshentz
YouTube - Let Me In - Trailer

I just got done watching this. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think of it? If you haven't seen it yet, do you plan to?

I had read good reviews on it but it was still better than I expected.

I normally HATE movies that involve vampires and/or kids, but this may be the only exception. Haha.

(I thought a thread had already been made, but I didn't see it. If there is, my bad, feel free to merge or delete this)

Merricles

Registered Member
Saw it. Didn't much care for it though. It seemed very 'teen novel' to me. I would have more liked it as a book or possibly graphic novel. I felt very irritated at the waste of time with the movie though. However, I got to spend the night with my wife and boys so it was well worth it that way haha.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Maybe you were thinking of my thread on the sweedish original?
http://www.generalforum.com/general-movie-talk/let-right-one-57600.html
I have heard this film is better than your average Americanisation but I liked the original so im a bit skeptical about watching it. Based on what I've seen it looks pretty much shot for shot so im not sure theres much point.
I won't lie, sometimes I prefer the American remake. I like hearing American accents and seeing American places. Haha. That's not always the case, I'll probably give the original a chance though. Plus the girl from Kick-Ass does a good job in this.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I really enjoyed the original Swedish film, but I have yet to see this American adaption. I've heard that it isn't as good as the original but I will give it a go anyway.

Konshentz

Konshentz
After giving it a few days to soak in, I'm pretty sure I'd place this film in my top 25.

butty92

Registered Member
I don't like it. I'm always sceptical about remakes of films, especially cheesy American ones. The original is far superior and the book is better by an absolulte mile in terms of the level of detail it goes to. It's not a teen thing for me either. Nothing like Twilight. It annoys me when people say that. It is far more complicated than that.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I don't like it. I'm always sceptical about remakes of films, especially cheesy American ones. The original is far superior and the book is better by an absolulte mile in terms of the level of detail it goes to. It's not a teen thing for me either. Nothing like Twilight. It annoys me when people say that. It is far more complicated than that.
After looking at your username, I have a hard time taking anything you have to say seriously. :lol:

This American remake wasn't cheesy, it was sweet. And for the first time that I can remember, they didn't screw up the kids in the film. Hollywood has a bad habit of making children either way too mature or way too kiddy... I thought this was a good balance and pretty realistic.

butty92

Registered Member
The original, 'Let The Right One In', a low budget Swedish film which is a country that has a very small industry in comparison to America is far superior. It is a shame this film did not credit it got in terms of awards but the critical acclaim was very high.

As for the username, it is my nickname that I am called by my mates in school. 'Butty' comes from Ben Butler. Butler is a bit like butter. Make out of that what you want. Lol

Impact

V.I.P.
I wasn't sure what to make of it, maybe I just need to let it sink in. I'm glad it wasn't just another lame vampire flick though.