• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lesnar wants out of UFC?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: rajah.com

Could this be true?

Is it possible for me to like Brock Lesnar again afterall? Interesting to say the least!

According to Dave Melzer of the Wrestling Observer, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is trying to get out of his UFC contract, which currently has one fight remaining on it. Lesnar reportedly wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with WWE officials about how the deal can be done.

In what sounds like a very telling piece of information, Brock Lesnar has not talked with anyone from UFC or answered Dana White's phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn't began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn't trained since losing to Velasquez.

It's said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his devestating loss to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121 and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! That's pretty interesting when you think about it. I would love to see him back in the WWE, but I did enjoy watching him in the UFC. It should be interested to see if this story is actually true and he wants to go back to the WWE. I'm sure if he does go back, he'll be making tons of money for it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This causes a mix of thoughts for me, primarily:

(1) I'd be stoked to see him back in the WWE, but why leave your job for just one WM match? An extended stay in wrestling again would rock.

(2) If you're considering leaving UFC because you've lost a couple of times, that's lame.

(3) I can understand wanting to leave it/take a break just because it takes its toll on you...Shamrock was in the WWE and then returned to it, maybe that's Lesnar's plan?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's some more information...

Brock Lesnar is looking for an "exit strategy" to get out of his UFC contract, which most believe currently has one fight left on it. Lesnar "badly" wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year.

The MMA world has been buzzing about this story since Dave Melzer broke the news on Monday night. Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Lesnar has been hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated $2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Its widely known that Lesnar was miserable with WWE's brutal travel schedule and vowed to never be on the road with WWE 200 days a year again. With the mainstream success he's had in the UFC and the insane drawing power he's displayed during his time there, he could make a truckload of money working WrestleMania and a few other limited appearances.

This doesn't surprise me not in the least...I am a big Lesnar fan when he was in the WWE and in UFC, I found it rather convenient that after Taker was at the event Brock decides to do this. Ever since I read the article about Taker/Lesnar I sort always knew he would come home to the WWE. I don't think Taker and Lesnar will square off, but I do think Lesnar will return.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
If Undertaker and Lesnar have a Wrestlemania match, I hope it is not as bad as Goldberg vs Lesnar. That match was god awful, and for some reason this news doesn't surprise me. Lesnar seems like the guy that if he is not on top and doesn't get what he wants, it is going to be his way or the high way.

Yea I see that too. I don't think they'll have a match, but I do see Lesnar being back in the WWE by Elimination Chamber if not right after just in time for WM.

BigBob

Registered Member
My buddy had actually texted me last night while I was at work to let me know Lesnar was trying to get out. My buddy and I always have conversation's about Lesnar, mainly for the fact that if you watch his fights, he gets scared. He doesn't like to get hit which is why he lost to Cain and almost lost to Carwin.

My buddy and I have watched and when he beat the shit out of Mir the second time around, you realize he has to hate the person he's going up against to not give a shit.

His problem is he expects to be the best when these people have been training since they were in their teens. MMA isn't something you can just pick up over night. Sure, you can overpower people when you get into the ring, but you have to expect to get hurt whenever someone with as much talent (Cain) as you do.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
If he does leave, That would be AWESOME if he came back to the E. I'd be happy with six months of his greatness.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
honestly guys i don't see how dana white lets this happen...

he's going to make sure lesnar isnt at wrestlemania...