Les Misérables

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
based on Victor Hugo's novel....

I haven't read the book,
I haven't seen any movies about it,
I've only sang some of its songs "I Dreamed a Dream", "On My Own", etc.
and now I have a chance to see the entire musicale as it comes to Paris tomorrow :hyper: for its 25th anniversary production, in original version (with the UK cast) subtitled in French.

:hoorah: I'm so excited about it! I think they'll be here for at least three months.

Trailer here:
Dailymotion - Les Misérables [Trailer] - une vidéo Musique

Anyone has seen the musicale? Listened to it? Wanna see it?

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Oh Ysabel!

I'm so jealous! Les Miserables is one of my FAVOURITE musicals. And singing the songs without seeing it you'll not understand the passion and beauty of the lyrics.

It's amazing and strong and heartbreaking.

I hope you enjoy it I really do.

XxX

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah, some of the songs I've sang, in itself are already powerful in its music and words. I can just imagine the entire story put together with all the songs. In the trailer too, I am so amazed with the performers especially the one who sang "Bring him home".

Did you cry when you saw this?

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
Les Miserables is awesome. I read the full novel a few years back. :lol:

But I've loved the musical since I first heard it. I have a few different versions of it on my iPod and I listen to them quite often.

Enjoy... I've never actually got to see it, I've just heard it.

I went to see it in London a while ago. Musicals aren't really my thing, but it was still good. My mum was a little obsessed with it for a while, she still plays her Les Mis CD sometimes.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I looove Les Mis. I've not yet seen the musical in theater though, but would kill to do so. I have seen the movie a few times and loved it. It's right up there with Count of Monte Christo for me. You are going to love it.

And yes, get ready to cry your eyes out!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I went to see it in London a while ago. Musicals aren't really my thing, but it was still good. My mum was a little obsessed with it for a while, she still plays her Les Mis CD sometimes.
You call the obsessed? haha

One of my fave musicals is Miss Saigon and not only do I play the CD now and then, I memorized almost every line of the every song including the spoken parts. :dork:

So when I listen to it, it's like a multiple personality presentation.

Les Miserables is awesome. I read the full novel a few years back. :lol:

But I've loved the musical since I first heard it. I have a few different versions of it on my iPod and I listen to them quite often.

Enjoy... I've never actually got to see it, I've just heard it.
I'll see if it'll get me to read the novel (how is it in English? Is it Shakespearean language style?) or watch the movies.

I looove Les Mis. I've not yet seen the musical in theater though, but would kill to do so. I have seen the movie a few times and loved it. It's right up there with Count of Monte Christo for me. You are going to love it.

And yes, get ready to cry your eyes out!
I love le Conte de Monte Cristo!!