• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Leopard Seal Feeds Diver

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
National Geographic photographer Paul Nicklen put his life on the line when he got into the water with these these huge predators. The first time they came face-to-face, the leopard seal put Nicklen’s entire camera and head into its mouth.

Photographer and Leopard Seal Come Face-to-Face | I Fucking Love Science
This was a great video. I don't blame the diver to be a little scared they have such big teeth. Can't believe this Seal decided to feed him and keep trying. The Seal must have thought there was something wrong with him because after he let the healthy penguins get away he started bringing him weak ones then dead. Its amazing what animals will do. Still don't think I would do this, he could have been lunch.

Taliesin

Registered Member
That is AMAZING! I guess Leopard Seals aren't as dangerous as people think? At least not dangerous to people anyway. It's amazing what she was doing to try and feed the guy. That's actually quite a selfless thing for an animal to do, don't you think?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I was shocked that seal kept that up for that long. Them things are so big, I would be scared to death, they are predators.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That is so cool and so scary too. Those seals are massive! Maybe he thought the diver was a young seal and wanted to adopt him LOL! I mean people do look a lot different in scuba gear.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes he could have looked like a unusual Seal to him/her and wanted to adopt. That will be an experience that diver will never forget. You don't see stuff like this happen often.

Maybe when one Seal becomes ill or injured the other seals will try to feed it and that is why this seal did this.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
This video and story is so amazing. I loved it. Thanks for sharing that Hilander. It's amazing how nature can throw you a curve ball with a predator taking care of what could be pray. This guy can be lucky it went the way it did and the seal didn't see an easy target and attack rather than protect. So awesome though.