Lenny Kravitz to Replace Steven Tyler in Aerosmith

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Lenny Kravitz is the "only person" who could replace Steven Tyler in Aerosmith - this comes from the band's former A&R man John Kalodner.

But should that happen, and it's still speculation at this point, Kalodner says it wouldn't really be Aerosmith without Steven Tyler.

Kalodner, who worked with the band for over 20 years, masterminding their spectacular comeback in the '80s and '90s, told Rolling Stone, "I'm never surprised at what happens to bands. They're dysfunctional families but some are just better at managing it, like Bon Jovi and U2. Aerosmith should be in their league - but they're not now.

Lenny Kravitz to replace Steven Tyler in Aerosmith? | Musicradar.com
For some its good news, for others its blasphemy. What are you thoughts on the idea of Kravitz taking over the lead role of Aerosmith?

I think it's pretty interesting, not sure what to make of it yet. Lenny Kravitz would have to be the last true Rock 'n Roll artist we have, but it's an interesting fit.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
How the living fuck could that be good news?

If there is no Steve Tyler, there is no Aerosmith. Or perhaps, maybe we should replace Bono with John Mayer and still call them U2?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
i don't care. never cared about kravitz, nor about tyler, nor about aerosmith.
BUT, the idea sounds interesting.
Hey Aleks, I was wondering where you've been.

Seriously why respond Eli? You just said you don't care about either of them, but somehow you're interested? I understand you're trying to get in on the discussion, but seriously, have you listened to either Aerosmith or Kravitz? I mean, they're neighbors in terms of genre, but Kravitz would change the face of Aerosmith completely.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Seriously why respond Eli? You just said you don't care about either of them, but somehow you're interested? I understand you're trying to get in on the discussion, but seriously, have you listened to either Aerosmith or Kravitz? I mean, they're neighbors in terms of genre, but Kravitz would change the face of Aerosmith completely.
now you're controlling me on what i should say/write/when to respond and when not?
ok. i laughed.

ice asked our thoughts [regardless of the fact if we're fans or we just like them/or not].
i must admit, that though i haven't been interested in them, the news got me. it was unexpected. it's not a matter of getting in the discussion [because we don't have any philosophy going on here] but it's a matter of expressing thoughts. something you haven't been interested in before might get your attention now.
I admit though that Tyler is more elegant in the way he sings, compared to kravitz. but i'd be curious for this change.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Steven Tyler . . . elegant?

Eli, the dude is far from it. Kravitz, if anything, would be more "elegant" because of their differences in style.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a fan of Kravitz but there's no way this guy can replace Steven Tyler, he made what Aerosmith is today, I know other band members had something to do with it, but he's the main man of that band.

I know that the other band members are fighting with Steven, the biggest reason is because of his drinking problem, but I don't believe they should find a new lead singer.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Eli, the dude is far from it. Kravitz, if anything, would be more "elegant" because of their differences in style.
when i refer to "elegance" i'm not referring to the music genre. i'm referring to the way of singing! there's something about Tyler's voice that i like.
elegance includes many things. and having elegance in the way you sing[whether is rock/alternative/pop/rnb] helps a lot and makes you gain lots of points.
you won't understand me anyway.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm a HUGE Kravitz fan, the dude rocks. I hate Aerosmith so I wouldn't want to see him join. I'd rather see Aerosmith disappear into obscurity.