• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lengthy or Curt

Taliesin

Registered Member
I often fantasize about writing a novel. Then I look at those like Tolstoy or Follett or Tolkien or Michener etc and how they go into so much detail and give such a gift to a reader and I just shake my head. Can someone like me ever be able to entertain so expertly? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Well, I say you ought to give it a try. You never know unless you do!

As for me, I'm way too verbose, especially for a generation that prefers everything in super tiny soundbites. I've never been able to be concise. I do try, but I fail miserably. Every time. Without fail.

Much like I'm doing now.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I try to make it as short and clear as possible.
I don't even bother to read long posts or hear talkative people. They tired me very easily.
So I know how I don't like others to be lengthy with their words and I try to do the same to other people in order not to get on their nerves.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not usually that lengthy. When I wrote essays in college I was really lengthy though because I figured the more I wrote the better I'd do and I was right for the most part. Usually around here I don't type as much as some people...I'd say I'm moreso in the middle of the pack.

I do find that sometimes longer posts I glance over just because my attention span is short haha