• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lending Stuff

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Do you ever lend stuff out?
Have you ever lent anything off somebody?

*Have you ever lent something out, and not got it back?
*Have you ever lent something off someone, and never given it back?

*Have you ever lent something out, and got it back in a deplorable state?
*Have you ever lent something off someone, and given it back in a deplorable state?

*Have your 'lending something out' experiences been mostly positive?
*Have your 'lending something out' experiences been mostly negative?

*Have your 'lending off of somebody' experiences been mostly positive? Depending on how you look at it. From you point of view, or from the lendees.
*Have your 'lending off of somebody' experiences been negative?
Same stipulation as above on PoV.

Generally discuss lending - Try to answer the individual criteria above.

Dabs

Registered Member
Yes, I tend to lend my DVDs and books to people, but now, it's mostly my sons that I lend to. I have loaned books out to "friends' in the past years, only to never get them back. And that pisses me off. I probably never even got to read it yet *ha*. But that's about all I loan out, DVDs, books and money. Oh and my car a time or two when my son was needing to get to places before he got his. But I don't loan so much out to friends anymore.

SeaCucumber

Registered Member
I've been known to lend things out. But rarely anything I actually care about. I've always gotten everything back eventually though, even if it took a few reminders.

Keeping in mind I would really only lend something to someone who I am friends with. And I don't keep the kind of friend who would borrow something and return it in a really poor state or anything like that.

Yes I've borrowed things and not returned them D: But it's only because of complete forgetfulness. If that person had even once reminded me to return it because they wanted it back they would have gotten it back. I assume at this point since it's been so long that they don't really care anymore.

masey

Registered Member
Neither a borrower or a lender be...( except for my Dad..he can lend me money anytime he likes )

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I prefer to borrow things off other people than to lend stuff out, because I trust myself more than others to return :lol: That said, I don't like to be lent anything, but I will always give it back.

I will lend things out because I don't have a good reason not to. Nobody has ever asked me if they can borrow something that is important to me, I don't think.

My lending out and lending off (borrowing) experiences have both been mostly positive. And I have never not returned something, or returned it in a deplorable state. That I can remember, at least. I also can't remember anyone doing that to me, either, except one time a friend lost something of mine that she borrowed but she replaced it.

EXCITING!

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Yes, I tend to lend my DVDs and books to people, but now, it's mostly my sons that I lend to. I have loaned books out to "friends' in the past years, only to never get them back. And that pisses me off.
Inorite?

One of my friends has a filthy habit of never returning any of my DVD/CDs. She borrowed my copy of Light's The Listening last year and I still haven't gotten it back.

I'm pretty much cool with my friends borrowing my stuff, but I don't like it when someone borrows my clothes and brings it back without washing it. I mean you wore it on a night out, the least you could do is throw it in the wash. But despite my bitching, I still don't say no.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yes.

*Have you ever lent something out, and not got it back?
*Have you ever lent something off someone, and never given it back?
Yes. This made me not want to lend to that person anymore.
To my knowledge, I've given back all that I've borrowed.

*Have you ever lent something out, and got it back in a deplorable state?
*Have you ever lent something off someone, and given it back in a deplorable state?
A couple of DVDs. Scratches. Ugh.
Child material. They wear out anyway.

*Have your 'lending something out' experiences been mostly positive?
*Have your 'lending something out' experiences been mostly negative?
Before, I'd say it was negative because I wasn't careful who I was lending to. Now I'm more careful, selective and give rules. I just tell them that all these come out from experience and not necessarily a reflection on them per se.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I really miss this guy lol

All the time. Only ever DVD's though.

Yes, but again only DVD's.

Have you ever lent something out, and not got it back?
Unfortunately yes. I remember who I lent it to and what it was but she denied me ever giving it to her which really pissed me off. It was series 1 and 2 of a collection I have and I've never replaced them.

Have you ever lent something off someone, and never given it back?
No. That would be incredibly mean.

Have you ever lent something out, and got it back in a deplorable state?
I lent my friend a DVD and when I was at her house I thought I'd ask for it back as she'd literally had it for years. She had lost the case and the DVD was incredibly dusty and covered in scratches. I was really shocked and she was really sorry. It was an awkward moment.

Have you ever lent something off someone, and given it back in a deplorable state?
No, I always take good care of anything people lend to me. I treat it much better than my own stuff.

Have your 'lending something out' experiences been mostly positive?
Mostly yes. I just won't be lending things to those 2 people again as they can't be trusted.

Have your 'lending off of somebody' experiences been mostly positive?
All positive. If anything bad ever happened to something I borrowed I would just buy them a replacement.