Lemon Water

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Once in while I squeeze lemon in the water because I've heard it's healthy and helps reduce fats.

What time of the day should I drink it?
Can I drink it throughout the whole day?
Could there be any negative effect?
How much lemon juice should I squeeze in it?

Edit: I just read somewhere on the internet that it could harm my teeth because it's acidic.
Is that true?

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
the acid that is going to damage your teeth comes from the byproduct of the bacteria in your mouth eating whatever bits of food are left on your teeth after you eat, or the sugar from beverages or candy/gum. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in citrus fruit will not harm your teeth.

If lemon in water makes you drink more water then by all means do it. There are no negative effects unless your mouth becomes sensitive to so much sourness. Vitamin C is water soluble, meaning it will not build up to toxic levels in your body. Squeeze as much of it as you like.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
the acid that is going to damage your teeth comes from the byproduct of the bacteria in your mouth eating whatever bits of food are left on your teeth after you eat, or the sugar from beverages or candy/gum. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in citrus fruit will not harm your teeth.
Actually, I try to brush my teeth every-time after eating. So if Vit. C doesn't harm my teeth no matter how much lemon water I drink, then I'll def. drink it as much I can.

:)

unless your mouth becomes sensitive to so much sourness
It used to feel weird at the beginning. I used to squeeze only half lemon in a 1,5L water-bottle.
Now I can squeeze 1 lemon and be ok with the sourness.