Legos have seriously hit bikini bottom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yes, Legos have hit bikini bottom. And by that I mean SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS LEGOS.....

LEGO.com SpongeBob Homepage

Why why why...

I remember when Legos used to be awesome. I have a TON of the old original pirate legos from when I was a kid and those things ruled.

Somehow there are now Star Wars, Harry Potter, and even Batman legos too, but, even after the HUGE success of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies Lego has still not made any more pirate legos? I don't get it.

Pirate legos were the best legos ever. It's a shame to see that legos like Spongebob are out but the cool ones are now gone.

2. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

Never thought they would make legos about a dumb cartoon. I remember pirate legos. They were awesome. I always thought that if they had continued them they would have made a lot more money. Star Wars legos were good too.

I hope no kids over 5 want to buy these spongebob legos.

I hate that show by the way.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, I used to have a lot of pirate and Robin Hood legos. I love those things. Legos are the best toys ever.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't think that these will sell nearly as well as STAR WARS legos did but what they should have done instead was made The Lord Of The Rings legos they would have had an infinite amount of sets to make and they would have gone really nicely with the castle legos (the old kind not the new kind).

I know that I would have bought them...

5. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

Damn you Spongebob!!! Damn you to hell!!!

anyway, I had those cool drag car legos.

and the random tub of legos that you could make anything with.

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Oh god no not him! Boo sponge Bob...Hey atleast they never made Barney ones :-o

It sucks that Mega Blocks have all the cool ones like the spider man , MIB and other Meca blocks now now.

I had all kinds of space legos as a kid. I wish I still had them. :-/

Legoes have gone down hill, and is it me or do they cost more now a days?

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think Legos have always been pretty expensive. It's just that your mom buys them for you when you're little so you don't notice.

8. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

I saw them when i went to Walmart last weekend with my roommate. We both proceeded to laugh in disgust about it. Seriously, whats next? anime based legos?

9. MegaMike

MegaMike Registered Member

That really is a shame. They really need to put more creative lego sets out there. I loved being creative with legos when I was little. I rarely ever followed the directions, and just built my own stuff. I still have most of my legos in a box in my room. I gave away all of my other toys, but I'm keeping my legos for if/when I have kids of my own. Hell, I still play with legos on occasion when I'm feeling nostalgic.

10. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

When I was a kid, we had plain legos, space legos, and police legos. That was it and we liked it! :p

I would have really liked to have some Batman legos back in the day, though. There weren't many black pieces, so I could never have created a Batmobile or whatever.