• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hot! LEGO GOOGOL:1 ratio gearing

dDave

V.I.P.
I just saw this and it’s absolutely amazing.

This guy creates, out of 100% Legos, a device that will rotate once every time the initial motor does a googol of turns. A googol is a 1 with 100 zeroes after it (that’s a whole lot of commas too) That’s a really, really, big number. It’s all done using the magic of gearing and it’s really quite mathematically precise.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That’s pretty amazing how fine-tuned this is. 5 years is a long time to wait for a full rotation of the figure.

This project reminds me of a much bigger project funded by Jeff Bezos. A clock that is supposed to run for 10,000 years.

dDave

V.I.P.
That’s pretty amazing how fine-tuned this is. 5 years is a long time to wait for a full rotation of the figure.

This project reminds me of a much bigger project funded by Jeff Bezos. A clock that is supposed to run for 10,000 years.

You missed it. It’s MUCH longer than 5 years.