• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Legend Killer or The Viper?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
So which Randy Orton gimmick do you like the best?

The heel Legend Killer or the face/heel Viper?

I prefer the Legend Killer, downright EVIL.

Thoughts?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Keep in mind that "The Viper" and "The Apex Predator" were monikers both termed for Orton when he was still a heel.

As a huge Orton fan, I have to say that I can't pick between the two. Both have been a perfect fit for him and the time they've been used. Being the Legend Killer and a member of Evolution put him on the map. Being an anti-hero a la Stone Cold now, as The Viper, has fit perfectly since The Legacy turned on him.

I know it's an anti-climatic response, but I have to go with both! Neither would be as good without the other.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah... it is just a matter of preference. It's more of an early or modern Orton question.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Maybe I'd have to go with Modern if forced to pick...he's perfected his move set and he's gone from being one of the best in the WWE to quite possibly it's top star tied with Cena.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The Viper was used during the end of his heel run, and if he is going to stay face, he needs to keep that nickname. I have to go with Viper because it sounds cool and he could turn at any time. Legend Killer is just blah! to me and it is strictly a heel monicker. Viper could be used for both.

That's a hard one, because he was good as the Legend Killer, and just as good as the Viper. Too bad he couldn't play off both, as LK he lived up to his name and went after every Legend he could find. As the Viper he really did strike out of no where, and brought in the punt which was great to his character. Thought it should have been brought in earlier though, b/c he could have used it as the LK to take out the Legends...But I can't chose, I say both.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wasn't a huge fan of the Legend Killer gimmick, it was so predictable and you knew that he would destroy every legends that faced him. The Viper gimmick is pretty good right now, it might become old in a few months but as of right now it's fresh and entertaining.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Viper gimmick is pretty good right now, it might become old in a few months but as of right now it's fresh and entertaining.
Personally, I don't see it getting old as long as he stays face. Or even after.

To me, it's kind of like Stone Cold being called the Rattlesnake because of who he was. It's not a total "gimmick," it's just a word to describe a personality.

SCSA will always be The Rattlesnake, and I'm inclined to think that Randy Orton will always be The Viper.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll definitely go with the current Viper gimmick and I agree with Unity that this particular gimmick will most likely stay with him for a very long time.

I thought the Legend Killer gimmick was great to start the career but this is a nice transition.