• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Legalizing pot

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Marijuana is going to be legal in Canada in the Spring of 2017:

Expect Canada's bill to legalize pot in spring 2017, minister tells UN

And, I believe it should be legal in Canada, so this was the right move by the Liberal party.

I know it's legal in Colorado, and it seems like there hasn't been major issues because of it.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe it should be legal everywhere in the U.S?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm a big proponent of legalization despite the fact that I haven't touched the stuff in several years. Not only does it have medicinal benefits, but it's also relatively harmless when used in moderation recreationally. Plus, I just don't think the government has any business telling us what we can or can't do in our own homes as long as there isn't any harm being done to anyone. It's not the government's role to protect us from ourselves.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I used to go back and forth on this issue, at times vehemently against legalizing it, but not any longer. I'm a big proponent of legalizing it as well. It does have medicinal benefits and is relatively harmless. The libertarian in me also agrees with Major's point about government intrusion into our lives.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
At a poker game last night. People that smoked went outside. Owner of the house had a vape like device for marijuana. No smell, hardly any smoke. He was smoking away during play. Now if the cigarette smokers were inside it would suck. I've been a supporter for years - well into my 20's and I quit pot use at 18. Never understood why you'd let people drink/ smoke cigarettes but pot was evil.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I don't use it, if the government can tax it and use the profits from it properly (highly unlikely), then why not? Only thing I don't care for is the horrible smell.