• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hmmm... Leftovers

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am probably in the minority here but I am not a huge fan of leftover food. I don't know what that is but it just doesn't taste the same as the OG...in fact, much much worse.

There are some leftover meals I like...pizza, for example. But there aren't many others.

Am I the only one like this?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I loooooove leftovers. Well, I love three specific types of leftovers. Thanksgiving, Chinese and pizza. None of them are as good as your original plate but they are still damn good and can definitely hit the spot. As for regular dinner leftovers, those can be hit or miss. But I am fat, so it's better than nothing and usually way easier than cooking a brand new lunch. Haha.

dDave

V.I.P.
For me it really depends on what it is.

Example. Leftover sandwich? Heck no, it'll be gross and soggy from mayo or whatever. Leftover soup? Sure, most varieties of that are great no matter what.

Pizza is a classic example of a great leftover food. I like it reheated or cold.

If I end up with something like leftover steak, I usually won't eat it on it's own, it'll never be that great if reheated. I'll usually cut something like that up (potatoes too) and make a breakfast burrito or a quesadilla or something. Great every time.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
OOoooo yeah I do like leftover Chinese....and I like the leftover TUrkey from THanksgiving but none of the other stuff haha

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are a few things that are fine warmed up like soup, pizza, hamburger cheese bake, green pepper steak but most I don't like once warmed up. Mexican loses it to the big time warmed over as does steak. The microwave will make meat tough. Make soup out of it or something else.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
When I ask myself, "What will I eat for supper tonight?" and the answer is leftovers, I usually don't get a good feeling. The thought of having leftovers generally sounds dull and unexciting to me.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll add leftover pasta to things I don't mind. It's still not as good as it was first thing, but it's also not a shitshow. Haha.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm of the opinion that some foods are simply better after having been in the fridge. Chili, hamburger helper, and most soups are significantly better after sitting for a day.

I'll eat just about any leftover food, though. It's just as good and, like I said, sometimes better!

Impact

V.I.P.
I love leftovers. I come from a large family and now that I have my own place with only one housemate, I struggle to cook small portions - great for lunches the next day or to freeze and reheat when I'm busy or don't want to cook.

The types of foods that are my staples are generally pretty good reheated: Chilli, curries, soups, stirfry noodles, pasta bakes, etc. Like Steve said, some of those things are even better after a few days sitting there while the flavours get to know each other. I make a pork chilli verde which is better on the second day, more depth of flavour. It makes a major difference whether you reheat in a microwave versus stove top/oven though

I don't like leftovers with chicken. Reheated chicken has a weird taste. It's the same reason I can't stand chicken on pizza, it's cooked first then reheats when the pizza cooks. Beurk.

Cold pizza however, is a god among leftovers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Major Movies & TV 5
R Food & Beverage 2
icegoat63 Food & Beverage 25
AngelsPeak Food & Beverage 12
icegoat63 Food & Beverage 12