Left side pain

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Millz, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Okay I might be asking a question that only a doctor can answer but what the hell, I'll give it a shot.

Since last Monday I guess it was I have been having some cramps/pain/discomfort on my left side...right underneath by rib cage or in and around that area. I didnt think much of it at first but its still there right now.

Sometimes I dont notice anything and then other times its kind of uncomfortable. Does anybody know what might cause this? I know the appendix is on the right side. Should I see a doctor?

Thanks.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I think I know exactly what it is.

Side stitches, I only get them on the left side as well in the exact same area that you feel pain, sometimes it will last for days, sometimes it will last for 5 minutes.

It gets especially bad when I get active and go running or something.

All you have to do is try to breathe out as much as you possibly can, be sure to push all of your air out, it's the carbon dioxide in your lungs that is making it hurt, my track coach taught me this and it's true.

Hope that helps.

Millz likes this.
  3. Millz

That does help alot Dave...appreciate it. I hope that's all it is and the way you described it, it very well might be. I'll keep you all posted.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I hate when I get those which usually happens when I have been running long distances but sometimes it will occur just sitting at my desk for a few seconds. I just have to take deep breaths and it goes away but it still is painful.

5. Millz

The deep breaths help me as well. I'm not reall y sure what caused mine...I dont really work out that much.

Today I barely felt anything...sooo that's good.

6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah it certainly sounds like side stitches.. the only thing on your left side of your body is your spleen, and that would be a much different pain than you are describing. You have a kidney over there, but the pain would be much lower and more on your back.

Side stitches work themselves out. and you said that you have barely felt anything today! So hopefully it's going to be completely gone soon.

Millz likes this.
  7. Millz

AWesome stuff...thanks for responding. I barely felt anything again today. I really only feel anything when im in a car or at my desk for too long without moving. Otherwise its nothing.

So im happier about the situation then I was 3 days ago!

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Awesome! Glad to hear it is getting better!

9. myGUNgoesPewPew

myGUNgoesPewPew Registered Member

kidney stone my mom says as shes reading this with me, lol

10. Blur

Blur iPimp

Here i was thinkin u were talkin about the obama campaign :lol: