• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

LeBron's Commercial

This commercial:

• Makes Me Respect LeBron Less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Even if Kobe wins another ring, he won't be near the level of Michael Jordan, and to be honest it's not even that close. Michael Jordan was such a better overall player than Kobe is, and even if Kobe surpasses him in total points, Jordan will still be better. Jordan was a better defender.

What really makes Jordan the better player is he was more clutch then Kobe. Kobe has had big GAMES, period. Not so much career defining SHOTS. The times in which he's had big SHOTS, were when it was a regular season game or a playoff matchup in which his team ultimately lost. Michael on the other hand has hit shots, important shots, that brought them to the finals or won finals for them.
3 shots define Jordan's career:

1. 1982 NCAA Championship game winner
2. 1991’s “The Shot” over Craig Ehlo
3. June 14, 1998 vs. Utah for 6.

In between those all, he’s had a ton of huge games and huge shots. To Kobe’s credit, Kobe has another 7-8years of good basketball in him, I believe. But he’s been playing (15 years) which is almost as long as Michael's entire career (16 years). And with that said, Mike overwhelmingly wins this debate on who’s more clutch, despite that fact that Kobe’s been in more winning situations (team wise) than Michael in his illustrious career. Michael still has 6 Finals MVP to Kobe’s 2.

konboye

Registered Member
I agree Jordan is a better player, but when it comes to clutch, Kobe is better. Even Phil Jackson thinks so Kobe Bryant, making the best of bad situations - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN, Kobe had at least 4 or 5 game winning shot last season. Jordan's supporting cast wasn't as bad as we all think it was, without Jordan on the team, they still made the playoffs (that is his retirement year, they won at least 45 games, I could be wrong about the exact number). I know Kobe will never be Michael, but he is very close.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Even with Jordan's supporting cast, he still carried the team on his back every single year.

During Kobe's first three championships Shaq was the most dominant player in the NBA. And last year, you could argue that Pao Gasol was the MVP of the Finals.

That said, Kobe is still a better player than LeBron.

Jordan > Kobe > LeBron. And I think there's quite a bit of separation between them.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I saw it and really didn't care much for it...I like Lebron James and will always be a fan of his, but his business decisions are outright stupid. To me the commercial slapped all the fans in the face that dissed him or hate him due to his bad business decisions, and this is another bad business decision.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Even with Jordan's supporting cast, he still carried the team on his back every single year.

During Kobe's first three championships Shaq was the most dominant player in the NBA. And last year, you could argue that Pao Gasol was the MVP of the Finals.

That said, Kobe is still a better player than LeBron.

Jordan > Kobe > LeBron. And I think there's quite a bit of separation between them.
Totally agree with this post. Take out Shaquille O'Neal off those Lakers team where they won three Championships and Kobe wouldn't of been able to lead them to the Championship.

Take out Scottie Pippen out of the Bulls and Jordan would of been able to find a way to still lead them to all those Championships.