LeBron: This Could Be My Best Season

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Akron Beacon Journal -
    LeBron James showed up to training camp in the best shape of his career.

He's getting to practices early; he's staying late; and his most popular flaw, his jumper, never has looked better after a summer of diligent work.

"LeBron is at the center of everything we do," Cavs' coach Mike Brown said. "No one on the team works harder than him, and it sets a great example for the other guys."

Last year, James' energy level was inconsistent in the first half of the season, probably a result of a summer of heavy play with Team USA. James' national team obligations were significantly less this summer, and he spent extra time working on his game no matter where he was in the country.

That has James feeling perhaps more confident than ever about his game.

"This could be my best season," James said simply after Friday night's preseason game against the Seattle SuperSonics .

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48547/20071014/lebron_this_could_be_my_best_season/

2. patkick

patkick #21

It's scary how he has developed a more reliable perimeter shot in the summer. One of the things that he was lacking in the finals series. I don't believe that this could be his best season of his career. He has yet to hit his prime and I believe it's in the late 20's for every player.

3. Babe_Ruth

I agree he showed a lot of improvement at the Olympics, he barely miss, and that's scary, I know that he wasn't double teamed as much because there was so many scorers on that team, and the defense will concentrate more on him while he plays for the Cavs, but this kid is only going to get better. He has the potential to become one of the best players to ever play the game.

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

After last years finals, I'm sure Lebron understands he needs improvements to his offensive game especially when he's facing menacing defense. You can argue that the rest of the team was a non-factor, but thing is LJ was competely shut down.

5. Babe_Ruth

Agreed, he's still young and he has to learn how to takeover games, he needs to step up in big situations, like take the finals for example he got shut down, he needs to learn that he can't do it by himself and he's going to need to make his teamates better in that situation, and he's going to learn how to play against different defenses. That being said I truly believe that he's going to improve on all of that, and he's going to become better then he already is, which is very scary.