LeBron Thinks He'll Never Get Accustomed To The New Ball

Discussion in 'NBA' started by scottmcgrady, Nov 8, 2006.

1. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Count LeBron James as one player who hasn't stopped voicing objections regarding the NBA's new composite basketball.

"I don't think I ever will," he replied when asked if he'll ever become accustomed to it. "It's not a good basketball, in my opinion. You've been so used to playing with a leather ball for the last three years. It feels like a basketball you buy for your kids at Christmas, or something.

"If you want to change something, make our shorts shorter or our jerseys smaller and tell us how to wear wristbands," he said. "You change the dress code.

"The one thing we care about is the basketball. I don't understand why would you change the one thing we agree and care about. When you change the thing we play with at every single game and in every practice, that we were comfortable with, it doesn't make sense to me at all."

Really makes me think if the players will get used to it. They will if the ball stays, but i hope they change it, although Spalding have problems with leather.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I kinda agree with LeBron James. I don't understand why they would change the ball when there wasn't any problems with the old ball before. But I am sure just like everyone else Lebron will get used to the ball eventually. It's one thing I don't agree with David Stern doing to improve the NBA there was no use for changing the ball from leather to the new material.

3. T-Bag

T-Bag Guest

They didn't have to change the ball but Stern was trying to improve the game again,stars are whining over it but look at the great shooters,the ball really helps them.Kyle Korver,Brent Barry and Im sure others are having great seasons so far thanks to that new ball.I haven't seen anything bad in LeBron's game so far,he's still getting his numbers like he used to so saying he won't get used to it is stupid

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's not stupid. Just because he's getting the same numbers as before doesn't mean he's used to it. Plus I think people are whinning because they don't understand why he changed the ball for no apparent reason. Which is true. I can't personnaly understand why changing the ball will help the image of the NBA?

5. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

True that. Changing the ball means nothing and there were no complaints about the old ball, everybody loved it so why change it? LeBron is just amazing, hint the reason he's getting those numbers, but as my man said, it doesn't mean he's used to it.