• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

LeBron says "Race Was a Factor"

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I didn't have any respect for LeBron to begin with, so I'm not surprised at all that he would say something so outrageous. To think that race affects a player's popularity these days is kind of absurd. I mean, aren't most of the most popular NBA players black?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Why do athletes think they are gods gift to the planet? I wish more of them were more like Barry Sanders when it comes to doing their extremely high paying JOB! That guy was a class act.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I didn't have any respect for LeBron to begin with, so I'm not surprised at all that he would say something so outrageous. To think that race affects a player's popularity these days is kind of absurd. I mean, aren't most of the most popular NBA players black?
Exactly, good point. Unfortunately logic seems to be a foreign concept to Lebron.

Why do athletes think they are gods gift to the planet? I wish more of them were more like Barry Sanders when it comes to doing their extremely high paying JOB! That guy was a class act.
Agreed. Sanders handled himself with class throughout his career. Something Lebron has failed to do.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If race was any factor at all, it was IN HIS FAVOR. Would the media have treated him the same way if he was white? Is he really implying this is even a valid question?

No, they wouldn't. If he was white, chances are he wouldn't be in the NBA at all. 999,999 times out of a million, white people aren't good enough for the media to even care if they are changing teams in their local YMCA league, let alone the NBA. :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No, they wouldn't. If he was white, chances are he wouldn't be in the NBA at all. 999,999 times out of a million, white people aren't good enough for the media to even care if they are changing teams in their local YMCA league, let alone the NBA. :lol:
Steve Nash
Larry Bird
Kevin McHale
John Stockton
John Havlicek
Jerry West
Bill Walton

Just to name a few that got tons of media exposure, oh yeah, they are white.

Last edited:

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I honestly thought it was impossible for me to want Lebron to fail any more, and then this shit comes out. I don't see how he could make himself look any more to the general public. What's next, is he gonna come out and blame a Zionist conspiracy for his negative portrayal in the media, and then add on that the Holocaust was exaggerated?

I don't think there is anyone on the face of the Earth right now who is more out of touch with the real world than Lebron is.

Dabs

Registered Member
I actually met LeBron in Ohio, it was right when he came out as a pro right out of high school.
He was doing some sort of publicity thing in Cleveland, and so I took my son and my son got to do a little one on one with LeBron for a bit.
My son is 6' 4" and he went to college here in Tennessee on a sports scholarship, full ride.
Anyway, I didn't think much of LeBron back then and still don't.
I think Michael Jordan has the best personality of any basketball player I've ever seen~

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Steve Nash
Larry Bird
Kevin McHale
John Stockton
John Havlicek
Jerry West
Bill Walton

Just to name a few that got tons of media exposure, oh yeah, they are white.
Well I know... but that's only 6 people. 1 more than a starting lineup. Everybody knows that white people have a much harder time succeeding as top of the line NBA players. In general I think it's very safe to say that there are WAY more amazing black NBA players than white.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You can pretty say the same thing for Football and Baseball. It doesn't matter in the end, if you're good enough then you'll play, if your not then tough. It's the way sports work. Doesn't matter what your skin color is, it matters if you have skill or not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 2
Millz NBA 29
StroShow NBA 54
Fresh NBA 2
Fresh NBA 6