LeBron says "Race Was a Factor"

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have Zero respect for this Douchebag now. Not that I really had much for him to begin with, but what little was there is gone now.

He's making Millions... almost Billions of dollars off of Fans. He leaves the Cavaliers for another team and gets Backlash... Mind you Athletes in ALL SPORTS have had this SAME type of backlash for the SAME type of situation. But LeBron and his Agent believe he got so much Flak because he's Black?

Fuck you Mr. James, Fuck you very much. Its because of Assholes like this who hide behind the race card that America will never get over its issue with Racism. Its because of people like LeBron James who surround themselves in Spotlights, then cant handle the heat so they hide behind the most Raw and Rabid excuse they can... Racism.

LeBron James says race was a factor in backlash to 'The Decision' - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Here's what he told CNN, courtesy of Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel:

In an appearance on Wednesday night's edition of "Primetime" on CNN, LeBron James replied that he thought race was a factor in the backlash to his decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers in free agency for the Miami Heat.

"I think so, at times," he told CNN correspondent Soledad O'Brien. "It's always, you know, a race factor."

A recent release of Q Scores, a polling system that measures popularity, appeared to support the notion.

Among non-blacks, James' negative Q rating went from 24 percent to 44 after his free-agency announcement. However, among blacks, his negative Q Score slipped just from 14 percent to 15 percent. [...]

Also interviewed by CNN during the segment that aired Wednesday night was James advisor Maverick Carter, the CEO of James' marketing wing, who agreed about the impact of the race factor.

"It definitely played a role in some of the stuff coming out of the media, things that were written for sure," Carter said.

LeBron James says race was a factor in backlash to 'The Decision' - Ball Don't Lie - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
wtf ever... this is the kind of behavior that just disgusts me. Grow the Fuck up, Accept your Actions and the Repercussions of them.

You dont hear LaDanian Tomlinson complaining about Racism because the Chargers Dropped him. You dont hear Brett Favre complaining about Racism when the Media picks on him over his Retirement Anti-decisions. You didnt hear Mats Sundin cry about Racism when he basically put the Toronto Maple Leafs through the same exact situation that James put the Caveliers. But yet the media covering the NBA is racist enough to put LeBron James down? Gimme a break.

I'm sick of hearing about this douchebag. Its because of idiot eccentrics like James that I have such a low caliber of respect for the NBA.

Your the face of the whole damn sport right now... Why not do like Michael Jordan did and Smile more, Represent in a positive manner and the game will take care of you. Act like a wanker and you'll be treated like one.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What a fucking douchebag. I lost a lot of respect for him when he left the Cavs on that idiotic narcassistic ESPN show, but to now claim the backlash is racially motivated just shows how small of a man he is. Grow the fuck up and be a man, accept the fact that some people aren't going to like you because of your selfishness and live with it. There aren't many things I hate more than whiners.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lebron's big problem is that he keeps listening to sleazeballs like Carter and the Nike slime crew. You want to go to another team to get a better chance at winning, just say you're going to do that and don't create a monument to your ego.

Double-R

Registered Member
<sarcasm> Yea, that's right LeBron! All of Cleveland can't stand your dumb ass - not because you left the team, not because they made such an investment in you, not because even Micheal Bloomberg and friends funded a website to bring you to New York because you had some sort of potential - no, its definitely because its all racially-fuck-motivated. Everyone is giving you shit now because you're black. That's right! Every athlete that's moved from one team to another has gotten booed - not because of their connections to the city - but because of their respective race.
</sarcasm>

Now how I really feel...*takes a deep breath* YOOUUUU FUCKIN DUMBASS!

I swear, that's just desperate. This guy has money coming out of his ass out of him moving to Miami and he has the cojones to pull that shit? Wow...just wow. You knew shit was going to go down if and when you moved to anywhere!

If its one thing that I hate, is when people throw the race card to get people off their back for the shit that they did.

*walks off, smh* Fucking ignorante...

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Lost all credibility for pulling the race card. haha People only pull the race card as a joke.

also, goat, you're awesome, but what's with the random capitalizations everywhere? :shocked:

konboye

Registered Member
LOL, LeRun is certainly wrong on the race thing, but it was his choice to leave. He had fulfilled his contract, so if he felt like it, he could and did. The show was dumb though, the Decision I mean. Another dumb thing, the Vegas show that was covered by Arash Makazi. And he has a lot of dumb people around him for sure. If he doesn't start acting like a MAN, those suckers are going to sell him out just like he did the Cavs.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
also, goat, you're awesome, but what's with the random capitalizations everywhere? :shocked:
lol it touched a nerve with me. If theres one thing I absolutely hate its the Race Card being pulled, especially by someone as well off as LeBron James.

All the caps were sort of a symbol of my blood pressure about to explode at certain areas of the OP where I was feeling especially passionate about the subject.

lol Sorry if it came off bad, I was literally in a Rage when I wrote that after I read the original article and watched the video in that link. Normally I stay out of areas I dont necessarily belong in... but this one I just couldnt leave alone :hah: