LeBron keeps Cavs Waiting

X

Xero.Shab

If he doesnt sign with the Cavaliers I will be very surprised. He should sign with the Cavaliers, if he wants to go to a team thats winning, I think he'll be one selfish person. He has the talent to take his team deep in the playoffs. Stick with the cavs.

R

RajaB

lb should stick with the cavs. The cavs is a team that wll make it far into the playoffs. they have young players and great fans. also hes getting paid 16 mil!! go to the cavs!!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's obviously going to to stay put in Cleveland. It's is home town he's playing in why would he leave? There's no doubt that he'll re-sign with the Cavs he's just taking is time to give them the verbal agreement. There's nothing wrong with that.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Where is the punch line because this has gotta be a joke. LeBron needs to understand he is the only reason people go to Clevland Cavs games he is the face of their franchise and without him their basically a sub .500 team he should have told them he is going to except the deal and just put the Clevland fans minds' at ease.
We all know he's going to resign he problably wants to add some excitement to the deal.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree with you Shakist, you all got to remember he's only 21 years old so he's still a kid in some ways, so he just wants to keep the fans on the edge of their seat, he wants all the spot light on him, and by not giving the verbal agreement just yet, everyone is talking about it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Globe and Mail - Fans of the Cleveland Cavaliers can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Cleveland's all-star forward has accepted a five-year contract extension worth about $80-million (U.S.) from the Cavaliers.

It was speculated that James may head to a major market team since Nike had incentives that would allow James to collect the difference in salary that would have been lost by signing elsewhere.

James will make $5.8 million next season, the final year on his rookie contract and the extension will come into effect starting in 2007-2008.

James averaged 31.4 points-per-game, 6.6 assists-per-game and 7.0 rebounds-per-game last season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41390/20060708/the_wait_is_over_lebron_signs_extension/