LeBron James Skipping Dunk Contest AGAIN!

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Mirage, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What is with this guy? Who does he think he is?

Once again LeBron James thinks he's too good for the dunk contest. :mad:

He's skipping it again after being the #1 fan favorite to attend for several years in a row. I'd really like to see him enter the dunking contest. I honestly can't figure out why he wouldn't want to participate.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am pretty mad that hes not in the dunk contest either, and I am mad that he never entered before. I would love to see him in a dunk contest, he's so creative and he can jump out of the gym, so he'd be great. But we'll never see it.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is one of the reasons that I just can't be a fan of his. I can't respect somebody who doesn't even tell his fans why he won't join the dunk contest.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

He's probably afraid of hitting his head on the rim... :rolleyes:

No but seriously I think this guy is way too arrogant if he doesn't want to be in the slam dunk contest. If Michael Jordan isn't too good to be in it then LeBron has no excuse.

He's good enough to win.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd love to see a dunk contest with the best of the best. Kobe, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Jason Richardson, LeBron, etc. Too bad it'll never happen. That's professional sports for you. Most of the star players just don't care about the fans.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I'm sure he'll join sooner or later. I could use "focusing on winning a championship" as an excuse for not taking time aside to think of creative dunks.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Come on Hybrix, that's not a reason to dislike LeBron. A couple of years ago he didn't enter because he was injured. I think he didn't enter when he was a rookie, because he didnt want be labeled just as a dunker.

I would love to see that as well Echoes, and I bet you anything Vince Carter would of won it.