Leave of Absence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doc, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm sorry to everyone, but I can't be around very much for the time being. Both the motherboard and CPU died today in my desktop. My laptop doensn't even have any shift keys, I'm using caps lock to make capital letters. I have a hard time just getting one topic to open right now. I'd have a very hard time trying to keep up with the amount of posts we have right now. I need, at minimum, $240 for the parts to fix it. You all know that my van's transmission just died, too, and I have to pay for that.

I also need a vehicle for work and won't be able to work until the van is fixed (my father is paying for it and I have to pay him back asap) or another vehicle turns up that I can drive. If that doesn't happen within a week I'll lose my job. If I lose my job I stop paying child support and my daughter's mother will see to it that I won't be able to see my daughter again. So, yeah, after that bit of back story I have to say that I don't have the money to spend to fix my computer, nor am I willing to borrow it.

I'll still have internet access on my laptop with AIM/MSN and I'll check my e-mail. For now I have to take an unknown amount of time away from the forums.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Dang, that sucks. I hope you take care of all your real life problems and get it all good and done. Good luck and hope to see you in a month or so!

<3

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Good luck Steve. Hope to see you back here soon!

4. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Good luck with everything! You'll be missed.

5. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

Aw, that sucks, but yes, real life comes way ahead of the net.

Good luck and hope to see you back as soon as you are able.

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Having a bad week aren't ya?

Alright mate, come back as soon as possible too.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

you could hook a regular keyboard up to your laptop that way you can have some shift keys, sorry to hear that you won't be around for a while, It's going to be super boring without you.

8. Doc

I'm trying to get the laptop up to speed. It took me ten minutes just to get FF to open.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

what are the specs?

10. Doc

512 ram and 2.0 P4 running XP pro. I think its the Dell crappyness and not the hardware itself. Well, I'll see you guys around.