• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Leave Me A Tip

Dabs

Registered Member
When dining out, what is the least amount you have ever left for a tip??
And what is the most amount you have ever left for a tip??
You can specify why if you wish, maybe the waitress was crappy......I know if the waitress doesn't come around and refill my tea glass and keep it full.....she's got a strike against her.
I really like a waitress...or waiter.....who constantly keeps my drink filled :)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I typically tip 25% when I dine out and I don't really like the waiter constantly asking me if everything is alright every 5 minutes. Most places don't do that but the Red Lobster next to my house does and I typically tp 15% because they are annoying. During Wednesday dollar night at the bar I'll typically have about 5 beers which comes out to 5 dollars and I tip 5 dollars.

Dabs

Registered Member
I dined at Applebee's....the tab was $35.02.
I gave the waitress $40.02.....and told her to keep the change~

Kanji

Registered Member
I've tiped as much as 100%, but usually depends on a combination of how much money I got on me and how great the service was. And to think when I was younger I used to not ever tip regardless of the service.

Dabs

Registered Member
I've tiped as much as 100%, but usually depends on a combination of how much money I got on me and how great the service was. And to think when I was younger I used to not ever tip regardless of the service.
100%??
Are you shitting me??
So if your tab was $50...you would leave a tip for $50??
No freaking way I'd do that....nobody's service is that good ~LoL~

Kanji

Registered Member
100%??
Are you shitting me??
So if your tab was $50...you would leave a tip for $50??
No freaking way I'd do that....nobody's service is that good ~LoL~

haha No I'm not shitting you. I've been known to do that from time to time.
There was this one particular restaurant I used to do that at back in the day.
The waitress would actually set at my table and talk to me. My glass was never empty and She would always make it known when I came into the restaurant. Of course my food was always the priority. That was back before I got married though.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
My ex girlfriend used to tip 100% and I don't even know why she did that. She used to work in the resteraunt industry was her excuse. I would never tip 100% while dining out. I wish I was your waiter. :)

Last edited:

ThatAuthor

The most I've ever tipped was thirteen bucks for a six dollar meal. I only meant to tip three, but I accidentally pulled a ten and two ones out of my wallet. By the time I noticed, I was long gone.

The least I ever tipped was nothing, in the days when I was a broke/cheap-ass college student.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The most I've ever tipped was $200 between five of us, we were shitfaced, in Canada and on our way to a hockey game - just seemed right. Haha. The least amount was zero, because the waitress was a shitty person.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Believe it or not, but tipping hardly exists in the UK, or at least not where I come from in the UK. Tipping is quite unheard of and most waiters and waitresses don't expect a tip or at least won't hold their breathes for one (may be different for other UK members here)

Perhaps in the bigger cities in the UK in England, like London etc. may be more prone to tipping.

I usually just tell them to keep the change if there is not a lot of change left over.
The least I've ever tipped was probably 20p (if you're not counting nothing) when the bill was like £40 haha and the most I've ever tipped was about half, but that was completely by accident as I had done my maths wrong (somehow :rolleyes: don't ask how, but I ended up giving them £7 which was not my intention at all)

Last edited: