Leather Horse

Julie

Registered Member
My hubby came home with this from one of his trips to the thrift store. Does anyone know ANYTHING at all about these? Help please!!

Ooohhh, I should also mention - he paid $25 for this thing. I have no idea what it's worth or even what category to put it under.

Last edited:

mart1

Registered Member
tonyspoker said:
My hubby came home with this from one of his trips to the thrift store. Does anyone know ANYTHING at all about these? Help please!!

Ooohhh, I should also mention - he paid $25 for this thing. I have no idea what it's worth or even what category to put it under.

Its absolutely gorgeous !!! But then I am in Texas !! We appreciate these things !! If you cant find anything about it, Country Living has a section called "Ask the Experts" that would know !!!

Julie

Registered Member
Okay, here's a few more pics I just took

Mr. Horsey weighs 4-5 pounds, he's 17" tall (top of head), 20" long, & he is covered all over in a very dark brown leather. The saddle is black. A couple teeny scuff/rub marks on the leather, but nothing major at all.

mart1

Registered Member
I have seen toys from the 1800`s that are similar, but that one doesnt look like most of the ones I have seen. And if it was a toy it would have shown more age & scuff marks !! In the 50`s & 60`s there were some that were similar in look but much smaller & made of a metal & aged to look like bronze. Could be a high end replica of a particular horse !! Maybe someones favorite !! For a minute I thought it looked like the old western star "Gene Autry`s horse Champion !!! The saddle is similar to the one he used but with a lot less silver. I would get a good appraisal before I did anything with it !! Those things are expensive !! See what ebay has listed for" horse statues" There are a lot of horse collectors out there !! Let us know what you find out !! Consider the site I told you about earlier at Country Living, they do a lot of appraisals in that field !!!

lilys_things

Registered Member
tonyspoker said:
What's the website for Country Living?

http://www.countryliving.com/
Pretty Horse..are the ears leather?
Look up the saddles on ebay. This mini saddles sometimes bring alot. I have had an old saleman sample one I got 225.00 out of it.
But it was real old. That horse is beautiful. I don't think it is that old, but it is really neat. I love horses too :)