Least competitive all star game?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is sort of a spin-off to my other thread about the most competitive all star game. Which sport do you believe as the least competitive all star game and that it's usually a complete joke when you watch it?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The NBA All-Star game is the least competitive in my opinion, and I base that off of how different the play is compared to a real NBA game. There's very little effort given on the defensive end. Tons of dunks. Fancy but careless passing. Alley-oops off the backboard. Etc.

I think a case could be made for the NHL All-Star game as well since there's usually a ton of goals and not much checking.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I suppose the lack of checking is a negative but the goal increase is to be expected. Look at the caliber of players out there? The goalie can only do so much, like Nabokov when he blanked them for a period a few years back. The skills challenge is far better, but I think the game ranks near the top - but that might be because I am a little biased.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I love the Basketball all star game because you see a lot of impressive dunks and such, but I have to agree with Echoes once again they play no defense which makes it even easier for them to score. If it's a blow out it becomes even less competitive because players stop trying.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The defenders and goaltenders are supposed to be better too to balance it out. Like in the MLB All-Star game the hitters are way better than any lineup you'd see in any other game, but the scores stay pretty low because of the good pitching.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

..or because the batters swing at every pitch so they can get out of there. I.E. This All-Star game.

I think it's the MLB All-Star game because for what I said.. people just really wanna get outta there.. I did like when Manuel put Howard in though.. that was some good strategy.