PC Games League of Legends

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've searched and found nothing on this game in particular which is kinda surprising to me.

YouTube - League of Legends - Season One CG Cinematic Trailer

Sui introduced it to me this weekend and I found it to be pretty interesting. Mind you that Youtube Trailer is Cinematic... the gameplay is nothing like that :hah:

heres some gameplay from MLG Providence (11-20-11);

League of Legends: TSM vs. EG Game 6 MLG Providence -- 2011-11-20 - YouTube

From what I've found out just playing it this weekend, you basically just control one Unit. You can upgrade the unit by purchasing items while in-Game and I think out of game too. Minions pour out of your base and you essentially fight behind or sometimes in front of them depending on how aggressive you are.

The game is Free to Download and Play: You can download the game here

however I've seen that to you can speed up your growth by purchasing "riot points" which work as in game credits for the purchase of Stronger Champions, Upgrades, Skins, and more. As long as youre patient however you can build up enough points in-Game to make the same purchases free (I think)

So do any of you play it? Have you heard of it? Since its free, would you be interested in playing it?

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I haven't played (still have a lame computer), but a lot of my friends got into it. It got kind of annoying - we'd get together to do something and they'd spend an hour just talking about LoL. Although it was kinda cool that my friends received some notoriety for creating the Minion Rush strategy.

Some of my cousins also got into it. It seems like a pretty popular game with a fairly large number of people. Of course, it might've taken a hit with the release of Starcraft II... :lol:

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
You do know this game is based off DotA, right?

For those unfamiliar with DotA (Defense of the Ancients), it's the most played custom map in Warcraft III history. Amazing. However, very unplayable on War3 due to d/c's, leavers, etc.

I've always been a big fan, but since we're on the topic you might as well go find my Heroes of Newerth thread. Another game based off DotA, but much better. I've played 300+ games at average 40 minutes each. A good DotA match went on for an hour or more. I warn you, not a noob-friendly game. DotA is very serious business and 12-year-olds will make you cry.

LoL (cwutididthar) is not bad, it was actually the step in the right direction it's just that S2 Games blew them out of the water with the beast that is HoN - DotA perfected.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Lol, you guys got to stop dropping the blahs on me. I'm serious business. I'll fight you.

I heard rumours about it, and being a fan I might just check it out. Though when I'm in the mood I just HoN it up.

Kanji

Registered Member
I used to play back when I had windows. I might start playing again If I ever get the money to buy a copy of windows 7.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm still playing this one strong. Its got a real cool niche about it where losing interest hasnt been an issue hardly at all.

Bunch of updates lately, nothing noticeable to anyone who didnt already play the game. However there is a Huge update scheduled in the near future that is announced to be a major graphics overhaul along with a new map.

Kanji

Registered Member
I just recently started playing this again. I wish I knew more people who played it.
My username is acidmix and I'm at level 14.

Last edited: