• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games League of Legends completely restarts lore

dDave

V.I.P.
the League of Legends lore isn't exactly super well known or important to the gameplay in any way. Still, it's quite popular among some die-hard fans of the game and if you really read into it then it does have the potential to be interesting.

League of Legends Completely Restarts its Lore - IGN

Riot felt as if everything was getting confusing and that it had strayed away from the original intention of the game.

I play League on occasion by the way (I've had an account since 2011), the lore isn't a big deal to me. Still, this is interesting because I don't recall ever seeing this done with any other game, League is unique though.

Thoughts?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I started playing league back in Beta, and back then the Lore was actually quite important. The whole thematic universe was tied to the concept of "Institute of War" and the Summoners. This new Retcon of their lore completely rips both of those elements out.

while its a seemingly unimportant move now, had you said that back in 2010 it would have been a whole 'nother story. Fortunately now though the game has grown to a point where we just dont quite need Lore as much as it was needed back in Beta.

I'll be greatly interested to see what the exact direction Riot takes with the lore change will be. The impact it will have on Future (and current) champions could be significant. In leagues current form, every champion needed a minimum of 2 things to be considered.

1. Cohesiveness within the "Institute of War" and
2. A good Profile that sets said champion aside from others

With the IoW being pulled out, Cohesiveness within the universe will be significantly easier to achieve and will allow for creativeness to seriously expand beyond what Riot has already shown.

If there is one gaming company out there who has stepped up their game, shown they love their product and taken care of the customers AND the environment their game lives in... its Riot. I have all the faith that they'll make the right decision.

dDave

V.I.P.
I started playing league back in Beta, and back then the Lore was actually quite important. The whole thematic universe was tied to the concept of "Institute of War" and the Summoners. This new Retcon of their lore completely rips both of those elements out.

while its a seemingly unimportant move now, had you said that back in 2010 it would have been a whole 'nother story. Fortunately now though the game has grown to a point where we just dont quite need Lore as much as it was needed back in Beta.

I'll be greatly interested to see what the exact direction Riot takes with the lore change will be. The impact it will have on Future (and current) champions could be significant. In leagues current form, every champion needed a minimum of 2 things to be considered.

1. Cohesiveness within the "Institute of War" and
2. A good Profile that sets said champion aside from others

With the IoW being pulled out, Cohesiveness within the universe will be significantly easier to achieve and will allow for creativeness to seriously expand beyond what Riot has already shown.

If there is one gaming company out there who has stepped up their game, shown they love their product and taken care of the customers AND the environment their game lives in... its Riot. I have all the faith that they'll make the right decision.
Riot's only issue is that they don't know how to code. There's something about the way they code, it just plain sucks. They are the only ones that can find a way to break the client by changing Xerath's range or the duration of Akali's mark :lol:.

One thing I wish they would do is release new maps every once in a while.

You know what would be excellent? 4 or 5 man Treeline teams. I love that map. In general, I wish they would allow a LOT more customization with the game.

I wonder what would happen if Riot did take the game back to the original concept with lore being very important. These days it just sort of feels like it's there. There isn't much of a community for that in LoL (not that I'm connected with anyway), people just play.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You know what would be excellent? 4 or 5 man Treeline teams. I love that map. In general, I wish they would allow a LOT more customization with the game.
Hexakill on TT is a thing and has been rumored to be the next suprise game mode.

I remember when they released Spectator mode and that bug was first found. 6v6 games on the original Twisted Treeline was a HUGE blast.

dDave

V.I.P.
12 player treeline would be insane.

I'd also like to see stuff like 4 team summonses rift, maybe some new maps, new items, permanent game modes, etc. League is fun but I feel like they're shooing themselves in the foot by keeping the game so limited.