• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Leaders of Oregon standoff arrested, 1 killed.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
BURNS, Ore. -- The FBI and Oregon State Police arrested the leaders Tuesday of an armed group that has occupied a national wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon for more than three weeks. Most of the arrests came during a traffic stop that prompted gunfire -- and one death -- along a highway through the frozen high country.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/violenc...f-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge-in-oregon/

Unfortunately one was killed but they should have been arrested. They will be facing federal felony charges of of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties.

Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm curious to get more details into the shooting. It's unfortunate that it had to come to that, but I think it would be inappropriate to form any opinions one way or another before the facts are made public.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm curious to get more details into the shooting. It's unfortunate that it had to come to that, but I think it would be inappropriate to form any opinions one way or another before the facts are made public.
Are you talking about forming an opinion about the man that was killed? He did say once he wasn't going to prison although I know that doesn't necessarily mean he fired at officers. Hopefully a video will be released.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No, I'd say it's fine to form opinions about the man who was killed based on what's known about him. I was mainly referring to rushing to judgments about who instigated the shootout, which I have seen many people do on both sides on other sites.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
True I wouldn't rush to judgement about who fired first even if the daughter is claiming he was murdered which I have my doubts about. We will just have to wait and see.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Other witnesses are saying he followed officers' orders. It'll be interesting to see what their official statement is on that, as well as how many shots were fired by whom, etc. I'm sure they have dash cam videos.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope they let us see the dash cam videos.

The problem is I don't know if I believe them, Bundy's bunch, any more than I believe the FBI. I know Finicum said he wouldn't go to prison. Both have an agenda. So I'm keeping an open mind about this.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I wonder when the people of Oregon are going to start burning buildings, burning cop cars, threatening people......are they going to start a Ranchers Lives Matter movement?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The people of Oregon didn't want Bundy there to begin with.