• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Leader Or Follower??

Dabs

Registered Member
When you were a small child, did you find most of your school days were being the leader, the one everyone followed??
Or were you the tally wag, the one that followed behind all the others, not aggressive enough to take the lead??
And is it different for you now??
As an adult.....(if you are one) :lol:....are you more of a follower??..or are you a leader??

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Naturally, I lead. I do follow at times (when required), but I do lead most times when in regards to organizing things.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am a leader. When I was in school I was an officer in our ROTC program and usually move up for every company that I work for except for the one I work at now.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
As a child (I guess), I'm a leader, but no one follows me. hahaha

shelgarr

Registered Member
Definitely a follower when young, and a leader now. But my leadership is with minor and trivial undertakings such as book club and tennis and volunteering and family things. If you were to put me in a higher more major area such as the workplace I would prefer to not lead. I'm a better worker than a manager. I do have a few friends that are very strong personalities and I will succomb my "ways" to keep them happy.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I would have to say early on I was more of a follower but became more of a leader as I got older. I can remember being nervous when named a defensive team captain in high school football but I can remember making a conscious effort to be more of a leader as I was growing up. I think some of that can be attributed to being the oldest of 4 and my parents, especially my dad, expecting a lot out of me.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I'm def a leader. I got kinda forced into it when I was little and that's never changed. I always have to be all over everything and that's just who I am. But I'm a fair leader (imo) and people like following me so no probs. But there's still sometimes when I have to follow but I think everybody has that prob, lol.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I'd say that one of my big flaws is that I am quite the follower. This has hurt me all along. It's caused laziness, and it has really hurt me as a musician. It was all fine and dandy to let everybody else do the work for me until last semester when I was in a section where I was on my own part (yes, out of all of my years of playing the bassoon, this was the first one I had my own part :lol:)

It is something that I must fix, and that I am working towards doing... Because I'm way too persistent. :lol:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm a follower in the sense that I'm more than happy to go with the flow and let someone else tell me what to do if they know what they are talking about. I don't like giving orders or taking control of situations but I'll also take initiative sometimes if need be.

There's no major change from how I was when I was a kid and how I am right now. I had a very bossy 'best' friend growing up and I suppose that has affected me to this day.

I like being a sheep!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When it came to sports, especially Basketball and Baseball I was a leader. I was the captain of both teams in High School, and the Rec Leagues I was in. Took me a while to be a good motivator with words, so early on I lead by my skills on the court or the diamond.

When it comes to other things that I wasn't so good at I usually followed people.

Last edited: