• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Le Tour 2010

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Has anyone been watching or following the Tour de France this year?

Alberto Contador took the yellow jersey today because of a mechanical failure for Andy Schleck. Schleck put in a big attack and looked like he was going to drop Contador on the climb, but then his chain came off and Contador took advantage of it. Schleck has been the stronger rider so far, so it's a shame to see something like that happen. I know anything is fair, but I thought it was considered poor sportsmanship to attack your opponent when he's crashed or having a mechanical incident. I guess it doesn't surprise me with Contador. The guy attacks his own teammates.

Bjarki

Registered Member
It was a questionable move, but I guess when the stakes are this high, anything is allowed. I wonder if Schleck can make up for it somewhere, he probably needs quite a nice lead before the last time trial in order to take the yellow home. :stare:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Schleck won today's stage, but Contador won the Tour. Schleck just needed to pull back 8 seconds to regain the yellow jersey (probably a lot more to keep it through the time trial), but Contador held his wheel all the way up the climb of Le Tourmalet.

Bjarki

Registered Member
Was a good fight to watch :cool:

The crowds were ridiculous though, it's a miracle no accidents happened :shifteyes:

Btw, I saw the Tour myself this year in the stage where they finished at Spa. I was watching at the climb prior to the Stockeu (where all the favourites fell). It was a great spectacle and I took home quite a few goodies, definitely a nice experience :D