LC3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Henskie, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Ok has anyone heard of this kinda machine? it runs on hex numbers binary and assembly language. It is prolly the most tedious and aggravating thing in the world. It took me 5 hours to get a fully functioning program. it was just a simple program that sorted out negative positive numbers and zero until it encountered x8000 (hex 8000). Then it saved the number counted into 3 different registers and saved it to memory. It is s tedious but there were only like 5 people that completed it by the due date (yours truly included) it was a pain and I had some people helping me.

Anyone else ever use this?

2. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Never heard of it... does it have a particular purpose that makes it worth using, or is it simply aggravating for no reason?

3. Henskie

Simply aggravating for no reason at all. You could do the exact computations with like 3 lines of coding in C or C++ and the only reason why we were forced to do it is because we are learning how to code using binary and in no other program (thats I know of) can you code in binary

4. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Why would you want to code in binary? Most machines know how to use other languages, it would seem binary would be pretty specific...

5. Henskie

yea I guess because I am a computer science and engineering major it is important to know how to code in binary in case you run into a program error that goes below the basic programming language that you need to fix