LB Vrabel to Chiefs for Picks

BigBob

Registered Member
The Kansas City Chiefs were the youngest teams in football last year but new general manager Scott Pioli wanted to install some veteran leadership.

Pioli accomplished that task by trading an undisclosed draft choice to the Patriots for 33-year-old linebacker Mike Vrabel. Vrabel is one of the leaders of the Patriots defense, and it will be his job to teach a good work ethic to the Chiefs.
In trading Vrabel, the Patriots cleared $3.35 million in cap room.
How about this one Mic, I say ridiculous.

BigBob

Registered Member
For the Chiefs, yeah it's a step in the right direction. He's one of, if not the greatest player on defense that the Patriots have ever had. Of course he's getting up there in age, but he still performs.

He's definaty getting up in age, but isn't that the point. He played and excelled in a defense that was complicated and aggressive. A defensive package that the Chiefs have been trying to implement since the days of Marty Ball. Really since the death of derrick thomas. No Vrabel isn't going to be a DT, by any stretch, but he can teach our players how to play the defense. And how not to over commit like they did ALL this year.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Makes sense to do if you're New England because it clears space. Depending on what the pick is this should be okay for Kansas City too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I cant stand this guy, I hate him with a passion. But he's a solid player and he's definitely going to help the young players on that Chiefs defence. He's getting up there in age, but he can still get the job done. Great move by the Chiefs organization.