• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Layoffs

katharina

Registered Member
I never, ever want to know that feeling again.
This is totally understood. We went through that a few times, too. It's really a horrible feeling to have to decide which creditors get paid and which have to wait because they are less likely to kick up a fuss. :shake:

taiarain

Registered Member
Well, the layoffs came down and hubby is still employed. I'm not sure how I feel about it, honestly. I don't like the new management approach his company has and he would have gotten a nice severance package. Now he's searching for a new job without the benefit of a padded bank account.

Taggart

Registered Member
I'm self-employed and on strike, but all of the companies currently working have signed letters of continuance.

My wife's just become self-employed after being structured out of a job, and she is currently in a contract situation.

Best of luck to everyone in tough times.

taiarain

Registered Member
Taggart, do you have any resources for health/dental/vision care plans? I'm finding that this merger and failure to layoff have destroyed our coverage and looking for something I can cover the family with. He still has a job, but we no longer have dental & vision and the medical is a huge PITA.

Taggart

Registered Member
Taggart, do you have any resources for health/dental/vision care plans? I'm finding that this merger and failure to layoff have destroyed our coverage and looking for something I can cover the family with. He still has a job, but we no longer have dental & vision and the medical is a huge PITA.
I'm still covered by employer/employee deductions from my previous year of work. I'll have the option of paying into my account to maintain coverage, if necessary, which I will definitely take advantage of.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for healthcare otherwise, but I know it's becoming more expensive, especially as the boomers age.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Hockey 14
Konshentz Hockey 60
Millz NFL 37
AmericanMusic NFL 18
Babe_Ruth Hockey 159