Law Journal Article Supports Fansubs

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Source: Law Journal Article Supports Fansubs (Updated) - Anime News Network

Hmm. He makes some good points but no matter how you look at it fansubs are killing the anime industry. I'm not sure about his "idea". Yes, the idea of seeing anime unedited/uncut sounds fantastic, but realistically speaking I don't think that is possible via television. Because of copy right laws and just imagine the angry soccer moms. :shake:

Thoughts everyone?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I find that the article loses some credibility since it was written by a law student as oppose to someone already with a law degree.

His argument in general seems flimsy about moral rights of the creators...Not to mention the creators are over in Japan wouldnt that mean they are out the jurisdiction of U.S. Copyright restrictions?

I think it is just another article trying to justify an illegal act.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

To me it seems like he's just pushing for people to stop editing anime. That by saying if we have the right to distribute something such as Fansubs if the only thing we can get a hold of is edited version, you would think that industries would either stop editing and release the uncut version, or not at all.

That's just how it looks to me.

I agree with him, though.

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

First thing I noticed is this only would apply to a small group of anime. Most anime, especially from the past decade, either aren't edited, or aren't out in the US.