• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

law demanding brides wear underwear when they marry

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Brazilian councillor has proposed a law to force brides to wear knickers at the altar.
Ozias Zizi claims that a growing number of women in his south-eastern town of Vila Velha are turning up to church with nothing on underneath their wedding dresses.
The superstitious brides believe it will make their marriages last longer, he explained. Read More Here
This is one of the stupidest and funniest laws I ever read about and what a wast of a law makers time. I don't think its any of his business what they have on underneath their wedding gown. I also have to wonder how he knows this.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Yeah, that was my first thought - how does he know? Unless people are gossiping about it I guess.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Why does it matter? It's not like they're getting married naked.

Or is the law being equally superstitious in this case?

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
Maybe the knowledge that their wife isn't wearing underwear at the wedding is driving the spouses crazy so sex ends up happening at the altar.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
wow. kinky...

They're getting married. Give people a break .It's just one less thing for the wife to dismantle come wedding night.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If people believe their marriages will last longer if they don't wear undies during the wedding then so be it. Do what it takes to make marriages work! :p

The law is stupid and hard to enforce. It also sets precedent to more stupid laws like checking if the entire flock is wearing underwear before they hear mass/services. Security check, ma'am/sir!